new member looking for mobo advice

japcarmad

new member here looking for information on a motherboard of a computer i just picked up for free. its been a few years since ive messed around with computers (xp release days).

the computer is about 4 years old mabey more

Acer Aspire M1640
Intel dual core 2. something lol
4 gb hyperx ddr2
300gb seagate barracuda HDD
cooler master PSU

now for what i need it for thats fine. i stripped it, cleaned it put it back together and now its time to format the drive and install a fresh copy of windows 7 sp1 64bit.

my problem is that when searching the net for the mobo drivers i get some conflicting results.

on close inspection of the board all i can see is N15235.

using this part number brings up Foxconn motherboards
using the part number with acer at the end brings up drivers for the board but they are sis chipset drivers with mirage3 graphics and are dated older then the computer.
using acers site to get the drivers for my model of computer gives me mostly intel drivers.

update - my board has sis chips on it and found this http://www.ascendtech.us/aspire-m1640-extenza-e261-mb-sa009-003_i_mb4acmbsa009003.aspx so i think its defo the sis chipset but unsure why its older that the computer?

so now i dont know for sure what i need.

any help appreciated.

Derek

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Please watch your language japcarmad,these are family forums.
Your first post is in queue for approval,and your offensive one has been deleted.

Last edited: