new member, what you all think,

adam1977

hi all i am a new member, i am a graphic designer and will be using this pc to do my graphic work, will be using adobe Design Premium suite, was looking to get a imac, but decided to go for this,

my only concern even though the build site says it all ok is the CASE, its a "home theatre pc" (i went for that case case wanted to fit in with rest of my stereo) worried if the moterboard that comes with that case, will it be able to handle the spec, also will it be ok or will it be too small for the graphics card,

here is the spec

Case
Lian Li PC-C50B HTPC Case + 450W PSU

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2600S Quad Core (2.8GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics

Motherboard
ASUS® P8H61-M LE/USB3 (NEW REV 3.0): M-ATX, USB 3.0, SATA 3.0Gb/s

Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card

1GB AMD RADEON™ HD6870 - 2 DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm)

2nd Hard Disk
1TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Sound Card
ONBOARD 10 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options
USB BLUETOOTH ADAPTER (£4)

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE

Anti-Virus
NORTON ANTI-VIRUS 2011 - 1 Year Licence for 1 PC (£12)

DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables
1 x 2 METRE GOLD PLATED V1.4 HDMI CABLE (£8)

Warranty
3 Year Platinum Warranty (3 Year Collect & Return, 3 Year Parts, 3 Year labour) (£135)

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days

Quantity

Price: £1,035.00 including VAT and delivery.

thanks all

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I'm not 100% sure but I think a quadro gfx card may be better for graphic design

Last edited:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
my only concern even though the build site says it all ok is the CASE, its a "home theatre pc" (i went for that case case wanted to fit in with rest of my stereo) worried if the moterboard that comes with that case, will it be able to handle the spec, also will it be ok or will it be too small for the graphics card?

Welcome to our forums :)

The case is absolutely fine for any usage - whether home theatre or graphics design. This type of case though is more popular for home cinema systems due to it's appearance.

The motherboard can handle the specification no problem and the graphics card is powerful. However, if you predominantly work with 2D images, consider a Quadro or FirePro card instead of Radeon. They're not avaiulable on the configurator so you would need to call us to have your quotation changed over the phone.

adam1977

Welcome to our forums :)

The case is absolutely fine for any usage - whether home theatre or graphics design. This type of case though is more popular for home cinema systems due to it's appearance.

The motherboard can handle the specification no problem and the graphics card is powerful. However, if you predominantly work with 2D images, consider a Quadro or FirePro card instead of Radeon. They're not avaiulable on the configurator so you would need to call us to have your quotation changed over the phone.

thanks for the welcome mate, one of the software which i will using i.e solidworks and photoshop uses 3d images, will the radeon be better or the ones you mentioned?

cheers

adam1977

also i noticed that the i7 is 2.8GHz but i also seen a i7 3.2ghz(other sites), i think the 3.2ghz is a "K" and the ones you have are "S", will i notice a difference between the two?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The K SKUs are unlocked and therefore can be overclocked. The S SKUs are low power 65W versions, but not as fast. We can supply the K for you no problem, but we don't list it by default on our "HTPC" configurator as it wouldn't normally be needed on a HTPC. For 3D work the Radeon or GeForce cards are just fine.