New mouse recommendations

Which Mouse would you buy!!

• Total voters

truegrace

Enthusiast
Just after some opinions of a new gaming mouse, currently using a Microsoft wireless laser mouse 5000, which does the job, but doesnt quite cut the cheese.

Been reading some reviews and tempted with either the Corsair M60, the Logitech G500 or possible the razer deathadder. The R.A.T 5 would be nice, but mainly for the fact it looks a bit funky :p

Anyone used these and can sway my vote either way? :p

Ta

Pete

Bright Spark
i voted for the Razer, only because it's the one i'm thinking of getting. I say thinking of because i already have a Razer mouse which is 6 years old and still no real reason to change. I don't like the mice including the razers with all those buttons where your thumb would be.

here's some reviews from the reg which i read recently : http://www.reghardware.com/2012/03/03/ten_gaming_mice/

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I bought the RAT5, i like the look of it, it looks like a transformers foot, and find it really user friendly. Only gripe i have about it is a couple of the buttons are in uncomforatble possitions.

I voted for it

bg92

Expert
It really depends on your grip style, if you use palm grip, then deathadder really suits that kind of grip.
I used to play cs:s (fps) a lot, and I was very happy with how the mouse performs, it works perfectly fine until now and I had it for a bit over 2 years.

Lairion

I had to get a vote in for the M60, a few months back me and my partner had to upgraid after trying some mice i actually bought the M60 for her and a Rat 9 for myself, have to admit i hated the Rat, brilliant to customise but the one i got was actually faulty (wireless problem) and i couldnt help feel like it was gona break eventually with so many moving parts.

I was so impressed by the M60 i got a second one, its solid, accurate and feels brilliant to use, i play everything from Fps to Mmo's. Also if u play Fps's like BF3 the sniper button is unreal its like a hardware hack.

The M60 is a brilliant mouse do consider it, best bet is to get down to a Pc store of some sort to try em out if u can tho, no two peoples hands are the same.

marvir

Enthusiast
I bought the G700 recently and have to say it's really comfortable to use once I adjusted.. Only ever owned the laptop mice which were all pretty small, and the G700 is quite hefty. Good feel to it. I mostly use it wired as I've heard the battery dies pretty quick if it's not charged but when I can be bothered to disconnect it it does make a difference.

Fear

Prolific Poster
I have the R.A.T 9 really good comfy mouse and all the adjustables and settings are great so would go for the R.A.T 5 as only differences are it's wired with a lower DPI and the worst bit though you miss out on the little pinkie rest ;)

truegrace

Enthusiast
I have the R.A.T 9 really good comfy mouse and all the adjustables and settings are great so would go for the R.A.T 5 as only differences are it's wired with a lower DPI and the worst bit though you miss out on the little pinkie rest ;)

Have read a few reviews about missing the pinkie rest, I just can't warrant spending the dollar on the 9 :(

Fear

Prolific Poster
Well seen as you were looking at the 5 you could go in the middle and get the 7 as that is also wired but has all the extras that the 9 has.

kaptainkillyou

Bronze Level Poster
I just got the RAT 7
here it is for like £3 pounds more than the average price of the RAT 5
http://www.pronto-store.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1659&language=en&currency=GBP
I really like it, it just feels like quality. I was worried that it would be flimsy but it doesn't even wiggle a little even though everything can be moved! The software is pretty simple and easy to use. The sniper button is pure class enabling you to lower the DPI to whatever you have set at a touch, even freezing it if you wish!
I love it!

Fear

Prolific Poster
Not that having a R.A.T makes me biast in any way shape or form but excellent choice ;)

kaptainkillyou

Bronze Level Poster
Not that having a R.A.T makes me biast in any way shape or form but excellent choice ;)

I know right! How awesome are these mice. With so many different gaming mice on offer now its hard to know what's good or not. Especially as hardly any physical shops have them in to see for yourself. Took the plunge with the 7 and couldn't have been happier and more surprised at how awesome it was. truegrace I hope you get the same experience :yes:

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I've always been against mouse mats and i wish i'd got one for my R.A.T as the feet at the bottom have been scratched and miss shapped from my desk. Perhaps i can order new feet for it. Its my favorite mouse though.

kaptainkillyou

Bronze Level Poster