New nvidia GPU range benchmarks?

evvo123

Enthusiast
http://www.techspot.com/news/57999-upcoming-nvidia-gtx-900-series-graphics-cards-allegedly-benchmarked.html

If these are true then I want me some dual 980m cards, even a single 980m would be impressive in a laptop. What do you guys think about these benchmarks, do they seem realistic?

Yeah, I saw these too. Utterly spectacular performance: only ~9.5% worse than the SLI GTX 980 configuration. Just like the poster in Fox Mulder's office, I want to believe... but at the same time am a bit skeptical. A ~55% performance increase over the GTX 880M SLI seems too good to be true. If it turns out that it is true though, goodbye student loan!

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Any time the title contains the word allegedly I tend to file it under "yeah whatever you say Mr anonymous source"

evvo123

Enthusiast
I think the real star of the show is the R9 295X2; with the recent price drop, it's now going for £700 - outstanding value given it performs on par with/better than a 780 Ti SLI setup.

links123

Hi, The latest NVIDIA Quadro professional graphics provide 3D horsepower and extra GPU-computing performance. When NVIDIA unveiled the new Quadro family at Siggraph, CADplace provided an introduction to the new GPUs.