New office chair needed, help me choose one!

cheshirecat765

Bronze Level Poster
I need to buy a new computer chair but I'm having a hard time finding a reasonably priced one that isn't going to turn out to be badly made, uncomfy etc
Price range £110 max

can anyone suggest any chairs or websites which sell good quality computer chairs at an affordable price?

steaky360

I'd always recommend going to a shop to give the seat a 'test' first. You'll spend a lot of time parking your bottom on it and it is always better if you find it comfortable :p

Edit: I got mine from Staples about five year ago - great purchase :) Bought after sitting on it for a few minutes in the shop, looked like a prat wheeling it about! Very comfy though :)

Last edited:

brukin

Silver Level Poster
I bought one online for about £90. The base of it curves forward and don't find it as comfortable as I thought it would be. My fellow Aberdonian(?) above gives good advice. Better to pay a little more for a chair from a retail store and get a chance to try them out first. Macro and Costco do some office furniture. If you have membership with those places it's worth a look.

dlatimer

Bronze Level Poster
How about this? Should give you some spare cash to spend on something else? ;)

2785.jpg

In all seriousness, visit Staples or PC World so you can see and sit in them before you make your decision

Last edited:

cheshirecat765

Bronze Level Poster
How about this? Should give you some spare cash to spend on something else? ;)

View attachment 2092

In all seriousness, visit Staples or PC World so you can see and sit in them before you make your decision

Hahahaha! I don't think that would suit me somehow... ;)

I think i'm gonna have to make a visit at the weekend! My problem is buying online and then not being fully satisfied with the product...that's the predicament i'm in at the moment but luckily the seller from amazon has kindly offered to arrange courier for a free return!