New Order- Defiance V RTX - USB-C port question

danfid

Below is my new order spec. Will hopefully receive in a few weeks. My questions concerns the two USB-C ports.

- Are these ports able to power the laptop?
- Can I use a USB-C Triple Display docking system with these ports? (Such as the UD-ULTCDL)

SPECS OF NEW RIG:
(I've omitted standard basic add-ons from the below list such as the card reader and power supply)

- Display - 17.3" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
- Processor (CPU) - Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 9750H (2.6GHz, 4.5GHz Turbo)
- Memory (RAM) - 32GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
- Graphics Card - NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2080 Max-Q - 8.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.11st
- Storage Drive - 1TB Samsung 860 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
- 1st M.2 SSD Drive - 2TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
- 2nd M.2 SSD Drive - 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
- Battery - Defiance Series 4 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (62WH)
- Thermal Paste - ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
- Sound Card - Sound BlasterX® Pro-Gaming 360˚ 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
- Bluetooth & Wireless - GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 M.2 GAMING + BLUETOOTH 5.0
- USB/Thunderbolt Options - 2 x USB 3.1 PORTS (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.1 PORTS
- Operating System - Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
You'll need to contact PCS directly for an answer to your questions, though my guess is for

1) no (not all laptops can and even where possible I don't think USB can support the required wattage for a Defiance?)

2) Maybe. That dock only has HDMI 1.4 / 1080p 60hz rated connections looking at the Amazon listing and the USB C port is capable of DP 1.3 output so I guess it has the bandwidth

Let us know what they say.

What's the laptop being used for?

danfid

You'll need to contact PCS directly for an answer to your questions, though my guess is for

1) no (not all laptops can and even where possible I don't think USB can support the required wattage for a Defiance?)

2) Maybe. That dock only has HDMI 1.4 / 1080p 60hz rated connections looking at the Amazon listing and the USB C port is capable of DP 1.3 output so I guess it has the bandwidth

Let us know what they say.

What's the laptop being used for?

Oussebon,

Thank you for the quick reply. The power possibility I thought would be a long shot. It isn't available on most setups.

The laptop is primarily for digital art and graphic design with some gaming.

I have a Huion GT-220 V2 Graphics Drawing Tablet Monitor that I use as a primary display and the laptop display as a secondary. Shifting from 144Hz to 60Hz for the graphics tablet is not a real concern for me.

If I move to a 3rd monitor would it be easier to get an USB-C to HDMI adaptor for my 2nd monitor?

If I move to a 3rd monitor would it be easier to get an USB-C to HDMI adaptor for my 2nd monitor?

Absolutely. Many third-party adapters exist for USB-C to HDMI, and there are dongles that allow for more than just HDMI as a port. Searching 'USB-C to HDMI' for an adapter specifically, or 'USB-C' dongle will return many results, all of which will likely suit your needs.

danfid

Absolutely. Many third-party adapters exist for USB-C to HDMI, and there are dongles that allow for more than just HDMI as a port. Searching 'USB-C to HDMI' for an adapter specifically, or 'USB-C' dongle will return many results, all of which will likely suit your needs.

I have one that I use for my Samsung Tab S4. It works a treat. I could use that huh? Sweet! Thanks Chap!