New Order

amc2004uk

Bronze Level Poster
Will be 17 working days for me tomorrow.

I did actually try to pay for fast track, but because of my specs, it wouldn't let me, so I just had to wait.

Still, it looks like I'm coming towards the end of my torturous wait and soon, I shall be sitting down playing my shiny DX11 games at full settings and everything will be good with the world.

It sort of takes me back to being little, the wait before Christmas...I guess it's a mature nerdy version of that :p

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
Yeah i mightve gone for fast track, but i assumed 10-12 days which was wellllllllllllllllllll within my waiting time :) But im starting to panic a bit now. I did change a few bits right at the start of my order when i saw there was no chance of getting a 590, but that was about it! Im just assuming ques at the moment due to them telling me it was built last week and awaiting testing (and no notes on any new problems) But you see people getting theirs through who ordered week or two after yours and start thinking oh.......... gonna be 4 week on friday that i ordered, been on a ****ty netbook since thenso im pretty miserable. Praying it gets a boot into testing tommorow because i know its gonna be worth it when it gets here. Assuming before monday that is :S

Have to give me the low down when you get yours amc, not that much of a difference in specs to mine :)

amc2004uk

Bronze Level Poster
Well, it's in the hands of Yodel now.

Is there a god of couriers I could prey to? Time to check Google!

Ok, I got bored looking, all I could find was some newsthing called the Catholic Courier, Maybe Hermes? Hrm...I dunno.

I'll do the picture thing and all that of course :p just looking forward to having a computer that's fast, this old thing...I've found, it would be faster just to etch the data on the hard drive with a tiny chisel and hammer than it would be for this thing to do the job for me.

Hopefully the last day of waiting... half tempted just to pop a few sleeping pills and hibernate today away.

amc2004uk

Bronze Level Poster
It's in Leeds, on it's way up to Irvine (Sorta closeish to Glasgow)

£20 + a bottle of good whisky to the person who can pick it up for me at Leeds and deliver it to me tonight instead of making me wait till tomorrow. ;)

amc2004uk

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks for the offer...I think :p

It just left Leeds about an hour ago, probably end up someplace around Glasgow until tomorrow.

This wait is killing me! Still no sleeping pills yet though :p

How did you get along with PCS? Think you'll have your computer before you leave?

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
Only had the chance to send an email this morning as i have been doing lectures all day and not had chance to phone, still no status change though. Got a day off on thursday to badger if nothing changes :)

Serendipity

Enthusiast
17 working days so far... maybe I should continue to wait and head towards the 28 days and break the 100% delivery statistic and have something to boast about :D

Serendipity

Enthusiast
Out of stock with the graphics card I want, the AMD 2GB HD6970... apparently it's in huge demand all around the world, I have phoned PCs constantly and they are really helpful about it, I could upgrade but it's an extra £276 and I don't have that amount to splash on at the moment.

The annoying thing is that there are no solid times on when it'll be ready so you gotta hope for the best. I did get a e-mail saying they would have more last week but that never happened, they said it will be in today but I don't know if they did or not, might speak to them at some point.

amc2004uk

Bronze Level Poster
Yodel at it's confusing best.

So, I'm bored, sitting watching videos waiting on my delivery, up pulls a courier van, I see it, head to the door excited, the driver gives me a box about the size of a monitor and asks me to sign.

APPARENTLY, Yodel (Although, I think it's a company they sub contract to deliver up here) put my order into two vans for delivery, so now...I'm sitting with a box full of cables, manuals and whatever other gubbins...and still no computer because they only delivered part 2 of 2 of the order.

I has the PCS welcome pack, but no PCS computer yet.

Oh Yodel, you so craaaazy.

*Back to waiting*

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Lol why on earth was the welcome pack etc out of the box anway? Would have thought all that jazz would simply be in the big box.

Yeh, Hooch...I mean Yodel, he so craaaazy :)

Serendipity

Enthusiast
Yodel at it's confusing best.

So, I'm bored, sitting watching videos waiting on my delivery, up pulls a courier van, I see it, head to the door excited, the driver gives me a box about the size of a monitor and asks me to sign.

APPARENTLY, Yodel (Although, I think it's a company they sub contract to deliver up here) put my order into two vans for delivery, so now...I'm sitting with a box full of cables, manuals and whatever other gubbins...and still no computer because they only delivered part 2 of 2 of the order.

I has the PCS welcome pack, but no PCS computer yet.

Oh Yodel, you so craaaazy.

*Back to waiting*

Thats harsh man... PCs are teasing you I think ;D

amc2004uk

Bronze Level Poster
Lol why on earth was the welcome pack etc out of the box anway? Would have thought all that jazz would simply be in the big box.

Yeh, Hooch...I mean Yodel, he so craaaazy :)

Not too sure, It's just the welcome pack dealie and a surge protector I put on my order since the surge protector I was using is a bit old and thought I'd be all snazzy with a UFO style one.

Oh well, just hope this other van doesn't take too much longer.

Serendipity

Enthusiast
I've been hearing a lot of dodgy complaints about Yodel recently about a number of things :S

Not to worry you or anything man, I'm sure it'll be fine :p

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Yeah it will be fine! No need to worry unless something goes wrong, otherwise you will just stress yourself out.

amc2004uk

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah it will be fine! No need to worry unless something goes wrong, otherwise you will just stress yourself out.

Right, no point worrying over it just yet, although it is 5:30pm and still no sign of it.

Gave Yodel another call, just to see if it was being done today, guy told me it definitely would be, it was a bit late going out and all that.

Honestly, I couldn't care less, long as I get it today in perfect working order, I'm happy, but it's still odd they separated the packages, why make two trips when you can get it over with in one?

I do detest dealing with couriers sometimes, they make a fairly simple job as complicated as possible.

Last edited: