New PC 2 months old - Blue Screen of Death

Kalon

Hi

I imagine I'm best contacting support as I think this is beyond my technical capabilities but I wanted to check here first.

I was playing my game and streaming and my PC flashed black and went to the BSOD - It came up with the Video Memory Management error.

I had to turn it off at the back and unplug and start up again - it has started fine - no error issues. But my PC has been having minor issues up until this major crash tonight. Minor issues included sound cutting out and back again - all sound (Game, Discord, system etc.). I also had an issue with my vengeance pro ram showing as unavailable in the ICUE software. I managed to update that (a few days ago). I also had to update an Nvidia driver as I couldn't access BattleNet. (I'm not sure if they are related, but it worked after.

I'm worried about messing my system up. I'm not sure if there is maybe any hardware issues - I just don't want it getting to that stage.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

My specs are

Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.6GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO WIFI (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st M.2 SSD Drive256GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive256GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
1st Storage Drive1TB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 470MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
LED Lighting50cm Blue LED Strip
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardNOT REQUIRED
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusBullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
BrowserMicrosoft® Edge
Keyboard & MousePCS GK180 88-Key RGB Mechanical Keyboard + PCS GM150 RGB Mouse
MouseNONE
Surge Protection6 Socket 2m Surge Protector
Warranty3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Last edited:

Kalon

Thank you. I'm new to all this - thanks for fixing my spec list

image_2022-04-18_213810032.png

Kalon

You've got a major windows version and lots of optional updates waiting, the optional updates are your system drivers, without those the system isn't configured and will be unstable.

Jeez - thank you! I'll do the updates. I last used PC back when it was Windows Vista ... moved to Macbook for work the past 10 years and I'm completely out of the loop with Windows again. I will get on to them. Thank you!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Jeez - thank you! I'll do the updates. I last used PC back when it was Windows Vista ... moved to Macbook for work the past 10 years and I'm completely out of the loop with Windows again. I will get on to them. Thank you!
Also, make sure your Nvidia drivers are always up to date and when installing updates always choose a custom install. Easiest way is to use geforce experience

Also I'd recommend uninstalling bullguard completely, Windows defender is better and uses less resources.