New PC arriving tomorrow

mcfcmac

Hi guys just posting for fun really as I've already ordered but would gladly hear peoples thoughts.

For anyone wondering this is going to be my home engineering design workstation by day and absolute overkill gaming machine by night

Case
CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 680X RGB GAMING CASE
Overclocked CPU
Overclocked AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 Core (3.4GHz @ up to 4.65GHz)
Motherboard
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X: ATX (USB 3.2 Gen 1, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
24GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive
1TB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 470MB/W)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)
Power Supply
ASUS ROG STRIX 1000W MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless Network Card
ASUS PCE-AX58BT Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) 2400Mbps/5GHz, 600Mbps/2.4GHz
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]

MrWilson

Godlike
Looks like a beast of a system indeed. Assuming you have some more storage to add on as it looks a little light compared to the rest of your build. And you've excluded the bottom section of your build so I'm hoping you've removed Bullguard and added silver warranty for a fiver.

But this beauty should be able to handle anything you throw it at, and I would also love to see some pics when it arrives!

mcfcmac

Looks like a beast of a system indeed. Assuming you have some more storage to add on as it looks a little light compared to the rest of your build. And you've excluded the bottom section of your build so I'm hoping you've removed Bullguard and added silver warranty for a fiver.

But this beauty should be able to handle anything you throw it at, and I would also love to see some pics when it arrives!
I actually didn't go for the silver warranty, sorry to disappoint!

I've got about 8tb worth of HDD storage sat around so I'm just gonna hook those up once it arrives when I need the space, admittedly I did want the 1TB variant of the samsung nvme drive but it was out of stock when I ordered and I couldn't preorder :(

mcfcmac

490B2E24-074D-4DA0-B129-6D55E9AFAA34.jpeg

mcfcmac

Graphics card fits by about a cm! So happy with this monster can’t wait to finish work and take in some RTX madness!

TwiggyHaz

Congratulations, absolute beast! I'm interested in the model on the 3090 strix as i have that in my ordered build as well, is it the oc version?

rajadd

Silver Level Poster
Graphics card fits by about a cm! So happy with this monster can’t wait to finish work and take in some RTX madness!

Just in case you want to enhance the RGB effects in the case, you can replace the rear fan with the following - 1x Corsair LL120 RGB LED Fan.

I called PCS to replace it for me but you can easily do it at home. It looks even more awesome that way!