new pc build, any advise?

swifty629

I'm considering this build for a new pc, it would be a upgrade in gpu and cpu from my current pc. Will the case and cooling fans be suitable?

Case
PCS SPECTRUM G ARGB MID TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W CX-M Series™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® BRONZE
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
PCS FrostFlow 100 V3 Series High Performance CPU Cooler (AMD)
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00003]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
Norton 360 inc. Game Optimizer - Free 90 Day License
Browser
Microsoft® Edge
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 5 to 7 working days

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
To answer your question of whether the case & cooler are suitable for that build, then no. The case will be okay, but that CPU would need an 240mm AIO cooler (e.g. the Corsair H100i not H100x) to control the temps, and the wifi card chosen is next to useless (old, poor drivers, weak performance, etc.)...you'd need the AX200 option at a minimum.

However, the 'elephant in the room' is that these components will be out-dated within the next few weeks as all the next gen AMD motherboards & CPUs will be available...which will provide either 1) more performance at the same price, and/or 2) equal performance at a lower price.

I'd wait for the new configs to become available and then do another build.

I'd also recommend you give the helpers on here some idea of what it's likely to be used for (gaming, audio, video, photo-editing, flight-sim, AI, statistical modelling, etc.), and what monitors (model, resolution, refresh rate).

MrWilson

Godlike
Didn’t you buy a build last year? Any issues with that build that warrants upgrading so soon?
Definitely wouldn’t recommend the build above. Undercooked on the case, cooling and PSU. On top of that we’re getting new AMD CPUs on thé 27th which are on a new platform, and new GPUs later this year, so waiting a little longer is the way to go.

swifty629

To answer your question of whether the case & cooler are suitable for that build, then no. The case will be okay, but that CPU would need an 240mm AIO cooler (e.g. the Corsair H100i not H100x) to control the temps, and the wifi card chosen is next to useless (old, poor drivers, weak performance, etc.)...you'd need the AX200 option at a minimum.

However, the 'elephant in the room' is that these components will be out-dated within the next few weeks as all the next gen AMD motherboards & CPUs will be available...which will provide either 1) more performance at the same price, and/or 2) equal performance at a lower price.

I'd wait for the new configs to become available and then do another build.

I'd also recommend you give the helpers on here some idea of what it's likely to be used for (gaming, audio, video, photo-editing, flight-sim, AI, statistical modelling, etc.), and what monitors (model, resolution, refresh rate).
Thank you! i wasnt aware of the next gen components so will hold on before i go ahead with anything. This build will be used mostly for gaming. i currently have a MSI 144hz G421 monitor.

swifty629

Didn’t you buy a build last year? Any issues with that build that warrants upgrading so soon?
Definitely wouldn’t recommend the build above. Undercooked on the case, cooling and PSU. On top of that we’re getting new AMD CPUs on thé 27th which are on a new platform, and new GPUs later this year, so waiting a little longer is the way to go.
i did get a build just under 2 years ago now. i have since had a promotion at work so wanted to upgrade my pc to some better specs (as a gift to myself) as well as let my cousin buy my current build. i will wait until the next gen amd components are available then re examine my build.
What case/cooling would you recommend? also in the configuration it says that the power supply is fine