New PC Build for work and Play on line gamin. 22/05/13

jefsmi

What do you think of my new set up haven't had it delivered as yet will post Pic's when I have it

Case
COOLERMASTER COSMOS 2 ULTRA TOWER
Overclocked CPU
Overclocked Intel® Six Core i7-3970X (3.5GHz @ max 4.8GHz)
Motherboard
ASUS® RAMPAGE IV EXTREME: INTEL X79, SOCKET 2011, R.O.G
Memory (RAM)
32GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST QUAD-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB KIT)
Graphics Card
6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX TITAN - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
480GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
12x BLU-RAY WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W PRO SERIES™ HX750-80 PLUS® GOLD MODULAR (£119)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H100i Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler (£89)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
2 PORT USB 3.0 INTERNAL PCI-EX CARD + STANDARD USB PORTS
Operating System
Genuine Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£109)
Office Software
Microsoft® Office Professional 2013 (1 License Key Card) (£319)
Anti-Virus
NORTON 360 SUITE - 1 Year Licence for upto 3 PCs (£26) *SPECIAL*
Keyboard
MadCatz S.t.r.i.k.e. 7
Mouse
MadCatz R.A.T. 9
Gaming Pad
Cyborg Nostromo ( but I don't use it)
Gaming Mouse Pad
MadCatz G.L.I.D.E.9 Aluminium Gaming Surface (£30)
Warranty
3 Year Platinum Warranty (3 Year Collect & Return, 3 Year Parts, 3 Year labour) (£135)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 9 to 11 working days
Miscellaneous
FREE METRO: LAST LIGHT GAME with GTX 660 & UPWARDS GPUs!
Quantity

Price: £4,086.00 including VAT and delivery.
I hope I have built a good system as the money wasn't a factor in this case.
:shifty::yinyang::wheelchair:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
That's a beast of a rig,surprised you haven't gone for more storage space though,as in at least a second hard disk.

Blackdog

Bright Spark
Will you be gaming or is this a pc for work?For gaming I'd drop the ram to a max of 16, the motherboard to anything else, and the gpu down to a 3570k, or maybe even the amd 8350 if you plan on doing some streaming over youtube or switch. If you're going to spend 4k then SLI, you may as well and you're going to have to fill out that Cosmos 2 somehow....

kruppsy

Master
Unless you are working with the guys at LHC and game using 3 monitors in your spare time, I think you may have over done it slighty...

steaky360

... you're going to have to fill out that Cosmos 2 somehow....

The Rampage IV is a BIG motherboard... but its still puny inside the Cosmos 2!

Quad Sli Titans for the win though (with my money no object head on) + 1 PCI Sound Card :)

jefsmi

Hi all, I am adding 4x 3tb HDD to the rig, I didn't go for SLI as I have had problems in the past with graphics dying on me so wanted to go for a powerful card one card has to be faster than two crossfire or sli? The rig is for work as well as online gaming I have a 100 mb broadband connection and love battlefield 3, Crysis 3 amongst a few (my online gaming name is "Jesops" say Hi if your ever on there when I am) so I wanted the fastest system I can get this is why I chose to overclock and utilise Solid State drives also. I create video's watch all my moves and 3d videos on my system. I have a 7.1 creative surround sound speaker system and I have a Creative sound card spare in my draw but I find I always use my gaming headset so the on-board sound is good enough for me. while I am here can anyone tell me why I get conflicts between my Rat 9 mouse and razer Nostromo I bought it but it seems to not want to work with the Rat 9 mouse conflicts all the time so it is sitting in my draw gathering dust?

Sorry all I forgot to say I have three Acer GD245hq 3d monitors so I hope the graphics will be ok as I like gaming in 3d mode.

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Sorry all I forgot to say I have three Acer GD245hq 3d monitors so I hope the graphics will be ok as I like gaming in 3d mode.
For 3d gaming in 3 monitors at high settings you will need a SLI set up.

steaky360

Quad SLi! Quad SLi! (It's not needed.... admittedly) 2x Titans are more than enough for 3D Surround Gaming on max settings.

PC RY90RY

Thats really good spec but the storage is very low for work and online gaming 480Gb is not enough for both your going to need a proper hard drive such as 1TB or more they can be very cheap the lowest I have seen some of them are £35 so I highly recomend that you get a bigger storage, as I said even though SSD are faster becuase they are fully electric and hard drives are mechanical you need a main storage system, you can have a combination of both SSD and HDD (Hard Drive Disk)
Hope this helps

Rakk

The Awesome
Thats really good spec but the storage is very low for work and online gaming 480Gb is not enough for both your going to need a proper hard drive such as 1TB or more they can be very cheap the lowest I have seen some of them are £35 so I highly recomend that you get a bigger storage, as I said even though SSD are faster becuase they are fully electric and hard drives are mechanical you need a main storage system, you can have a combination of both SSD and HDD (Hard Drive Disk)
Hope this helps

He did say that he was adding about 12TB of space to it in one of his following posts so I don't think space is going to be an issue :)

jefsmi

So you think I need to purchase another 6gb titan for sli so surround gaming can work? I was really hoping to do away with that? The computer hasn't arrived yet, but if needed I can install one myself.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
So you think I need to purchase another 6gb titan for sli so surround gaming can work? I was really hoping to do away with that? The computer hasn't arrived yet, but if needed I can install one myself.

For 3d gaming in 3 screens I would suggest 2x gtx 680s 4gb. If money is not an issue then 2x gtx titans. A single titan wouldn't be enough for 3d surround gaming on demanding/latest games.