New PC build input and tips

steaky360

I wouldn't recommend using any driver software - Windows will absolutely take care of 99.999% of drivers that you need these days.

If there's a problem, others can either be found from your PCS login or looking at the manufacturers websites for your components (you may also get driver discs in your welcome pack, but because of how good Windows is at doing this, these are less important).

For example, the only driver I installed myself was my GPU driver, every other driver on my PC was automatically installed for me :).

avenge_420

Thanks for confirmation on it , saves me a lot of time as well :) , took me over 2 hours of installing manually each driver separately on my current pc.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'm currently waiting for my pc and wondered which additional drivers I will require after reinstalling windows when it gets here. I understand windows takes care of many of them however wondered if I should use a Software like driver easy again which solved an issue on my current pc which had a freezing issue which was fixed due to an outdated driver. The only drivers I can think that I will need is Nvidia ones. Is there any other core ones I need e.g network ones ?
No. Never.

Third party driver search and install tools like DriverEasy are always best avoided. You never know where the drivers being installed have come from nor even whether they really are the right drivers for your system. These tools are often just a fast way to a BSOD.

On an Intel CPU system allow Windows Update to install all drivers, then manually install the latest Nvidia driver downloaded from the Nvidia website (these change so often the Windows Update libraries don't always have the latest version).

On an AMD CPU system allow Windows Update to install all drivers, then manually install the latest AMD chipset drivers downloaded from the AMD website (the Windows Update libraries sometimes don't have the latest versions) and then install the latest Nvidia driver downloaded from the Nvidia website (these change so often the Windows Update libraries don't always have the latest version).

avenge_420

I was looking to order a power surge for the PC but I'm not sure what joule rating would do the job , heard 2000+ is recommended. Is there any on Amazon that would be recommend , saw one on Argos ( the only black coloured variant) that also looked promising.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I was looking to order a power surge for the PC but I'm not sure what joule rating would do the job , heard 2000+ is recommended. Is there any on Amazon that would be recommend , saw one on Argos ( the only black coloured variant) that also looked promising.
I've got this one, had no problem with it

avenge_420

I've got this one, had no problem with it

I found this same brand one with 8 sockets since I don't need 12 , should do the job as well right ?

avenge_420

I was looking to ask one more additional question on the Asus X570 F Strix , during reinstallation of windows is it " F8" pressing during boot up , to select boot device or will I have to go into bios.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I was looking to ask one more additional question on the Asus X570 F Strix , during reinstallation of windows is it " F8" pressing during boot up , to select boot device or will I have to go into bios.
I'd go into BIOS and do it from there

avenge_420

Help pls.

So basically I was sitting idle on chrome and heard a windows disconnection sound , I turned over and looked at the pc and the AIO pump LED was miss matched. I then loaded up ICUE and saw the pump when down to like 0 for a second but then it went back to normal rpm however LED still was not the same and was not responding to any colour changes. I then tried doing the firmware update for the icue h150i xt ICUE that was showing but it took too long and failed and aio fans when to 100 % load during the update and stayed at that speed. So I decided to restart the PC , where then I received the error. I then checked the pump info which showed that error , i then loaded into windows where then I heard the windows disconnection sound again but this time the pump info was not shown on ICUE at all and AIO fans were on 100 %.

My assumption its something do to with firmware of the pump and windows so how do I fix it?

Thanks for any help
IMG_2564.jpeg
IMG_2565.JPEG

avenge_420

Hi I fixed the issue regarding this failed update of the pump and everything with it and wanted to write here the fix if anyone has a similar radiator issue in the future. Apparently its always recommended to go into safe mode of windows when updating using ICUE. The video and the link for the hex file for fixing the specific model for my case.