New pc going hella wrong

So I was brought a PC as a gift from my partner. Its 4 days old. Now here's the problems I'm facing, first the CPU is water cooled not too shabby however the fan sounds like a god damn jet engine has done since first boot. The PC itself can not run any games and I mean any at all none zip zilch without crashing. I get numerous bsod messages mainly related to page file, ntfs.sys etc. So being acutely aware that drivers could be the issue when it rebooted I tried to boot into safe mode. And this is were things have gone horribly wrong came up with some weird error in a language I have never seen before and is now stuck in a boot loop. By that I mean it boots shows PCS logo then restarts. I was considering sending this for an upgrade however I am now wondering whether or not I should send it back and get a refund. PCS are a highly reputable company however there customer service is not exactly user friendly as in I had to tell someone in lamens terms what I was on about then lost signal and call cut off.Honestly it was like trying to explain the problem to my 87 year old nan. Now I'm here to ask if A. It's possible to fix this damn issues, B. If not is it possible to get this fixed by PCS and C. Wether or not anyone else has had any similiar issues lately? Really dont wont to spend ages on the phone if it's a quick fix.
Thanks

polycrac

Rising Star
Hi There, That doesn't sound good at all. The forum is mostly PCS customers, rather than staff but could you post your specs so we could take a look?

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Hey,

Did you originally get the system through one of our retail partners? (just to see if ive found the right order)

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
Doesn't sound good. But moaning about their customer service seems a bit unfair given big parts of your opening post are hard to understand and it might be that it's the communication of what exactly the problems are to them that is providing the issue (if English isn't your first language?).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would respond to moosEh firstly, he’s PCS staff and can offer immediate help from their side.

If you post your full specs we may be able to advise also. Did you order with windows or install your own?

Brought from pcworld and I'm autistic speak and type way too fast. Makes sense in my head and your right maybe that's the issue. Just stressful as all hell.
COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX K500 RGB GAMING CASE
Overclocked CPUOverclocked Intel® Core™ i7-9700K Eight Core (3.60GHz @ up to 5.0GHz)
OC BIOS FIleDownload Overclock BIOS File
MotherboardASUS® TUF Z370-PLUS GAMING II: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive256GB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3210MB/sR | 1315MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 120 High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting50cm RGB LED Strip
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired NetworkingWIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemGenuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]

SlimCini

How much did your partner pay for it? Installing stuff on it means PCWorld don't have to offer you a refund but they're the ones who have to fix it. Or they may offer you a refund. Either way it's PCWorld rather than PCS. If you can get a refund I'd do so and order a PC direct from PCS, assuming you can make do without for a few weeks while PCS build you one. Chances are there's a PCWorld tax on the one you bought and PCS will do something directly slightly cheaper. Possibly.

From PCWorld "If the fault occurs within 30 days of purchase (or delivery or installation) we will always offer you either a repair, exchange or refund. If the fault with your product occurs within its guarantee period (normally 12 months from delivery) we will offer you a prompt repair service. In all cases we reserve the right to inspect the product and verify the fault. We do not cover faults caused by accident, neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear."

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If it were mine the first thing I'd do would be a clean reinstall of Windows.

However, now that PCS are on the case I think we should defer to them. [emoji41]

1600 pounds for it in total including £42 for next day delivery. I will get my partner to arrange a return for a refund. And will use the money I was going to use to upgrade the one I have to get a better more high end model for about 3k. 3 factory resets, a bios default reset and still boot looping restarts 5 or 6 times then boots then crashes swiftly afterwards. Getting a hard drive error aswell or I am now after following PC worlds tech teams instructions for diagnosing issues.

SlimCini

Actually that's quite a good purchase price. It's approx £1680 for that build on PCS right now. Not that it's exactly what I would choose with some of those components. Not the greatest cooler in the world for an overclocked 9700k for example.

PCWorld don't have to offer you a refund given you've installed stuff on it. So it will be a gamble if you push for a refund whether they will actually do that. They might insist on just repairing it which is within their rights. Depends how far they will go putting up with you complaining if you've already tried a lot of their fixes and they might just cut their losses.

You won't get a better value build from PCS in terms of raw cash spent, but you could get a better balanced build which would be better £ for £. Especially for your budget.

Any advice on what system I should build? I ideally want to spend 2500 in total but can stretch to 3000. I'm a gamer and need raw power but also want rgb lights. Any advice would be great. The cooler on the pc is aweful just booting up it sounds like a jet engine

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Hey JMOLLE2K19,

I'd say your options are;
We get it back and look at whats causing your issues.
You contact PC World and go down that avenue, I can't really recommend either way on this as I don't involve myself with their returns procedure so I have no idea.
The guys and Gals here can try and help diagnose and Ill chip in as and when I can

If the latter it would help to see what exactly is happening since you re-installed, did you re-install all the board drivers and GPU drivers? If so do you still get BSODs? If its just boot looping then at what point does it stop and restart.

[Edit] or the forum can help with a new spec :) too slow on my part

SlimCini

I wouldn't say it's worth speccing up something new from PCS until you know if PCWorld will actually give you a refund.

Pcworld will issue a full refund will be taking it into store tonight they will verify its faulty then issue a refund. That refund will take approximately 5 days to clear so I will just fork out the money and build a new one now so I'm not without a PC for too long. Thanks for all your help and sorry for being rather confusing I forget my autism causes me to type too fast and not type things out properly.

SlimCini

Pcworld will issue a full refund will be taking it into store tonight they will verify its faulty then issue a refund. That refund will take approximately 5 days to clear so I will just fork out the money and build a new one now so I'm not without a PC for too long. Thanks for all your help and sorry for being rather confusing I forget my autism causes me to type too fast and not type things out properly.
In thta case time to start shopping. Full budget? Need a monitor?

SlimCini

For your budget you could get the review spec below for £2255 and then a lovely 1440p 144hz gsync monitor (or 4k gsync if that's your thing).

ase
CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs, WIFI - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
512GB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3230MB/sR | 1625MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H100x Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting
2x 50cm RGB LED Strip
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 6 to 8 working days
Price: £2,255.00 including VAT and Delivery

For your budget you could get the review spec below for £2255 and then a lovely 1440p 144hz gsync monitor (or 4k gsync if that's your thing).

ase
CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs, WIFI - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
Graphics Card
11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
512GB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3230MB/sR | 1625MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
Processor Cooling
Corsair H100x Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting
2x 50cm RGB LED Strip
Sound Card
USB/Thunderbolt Options
Operating System
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 6 to 8 working days
Price: £2,255.00 including VAT and Delivery
Thanks that looks rather good heres what I have so far just under my 3k max budget.
Case
COOLERMASTER MASTERCASE H500M GAMING CASE
Overclocked CPU
Overclocked Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Eight Core (3.60GHz @ up to 4.9GHz)
Motherboard
Memory (RAM)
Graphics Card
11GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive
250GB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 2.5" SSD, (upto 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
2nd Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 128MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
Processor Cooling
Corsair H100x Hydro Cooler with RGB fans
Thermal Paste
COOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMAL COMPOUND
LED Lighting
2x 50cm RGB LED Strip
Extra Case Fans
3x CoolerMaster MasterFan Pro 120 RGB
Sound Card
USB/Thunderbolt Options
Operating System

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
What monitor are you gaming on? (resolution and refresh rate, or the exact model if you don't know res and refresh rate)

If you don't have one or are looking to upgrade, what is the budget for the monitor?

I have a 65 inch 4k Samsung TV model number UE65NU7100 that I use for gaming. I know it's not exactly something people would use for a PC.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
It's fine (great, I should think!). The main thing was to establish it wasn't a 1080p monitor but something worthy of the system :)

I would probably steer you towards the spec Slimcini posted.

It's a "review" spec, which is basically a promotional offer where PCS sell a fixed configuration for a discounted price. Last time I checked it was about £2500's hardware for the £2250 price tag.

Compared to the spec you posted the main differences are i7 9700k vs 9900k, regular 2080 ti vs Strix, different SSD, higher end case

For 4k gaming there will be 0 difference between a 9700k and 9900k. As in, you'll be hard pressed to measure any difference even if you run programs to try to measure one - let alone trying to perceive a difference with the naked eye.
The Strix GPUs aren't worth the massive price premium in terms of performance.
The SSD in the review spec is twice the size and much faster.

I'd honestly suggest going with the review spec, which is already a major upgrade over the system you are getting a refund on, and saves £750 for .. whatever one might use £750 on. GPU upgrade in a few years to play the newest titles at ultra settings at 4k perhaps.

This is a link to the review spec:

And this is the link to the review of the system by Bit-Tech: