New PC GPU cables not right help!

Ideally yes as these are power hungry GPU's. Was it a modular PSU in your build? Do you have a spare pcie cable with 8pin in your welcome pack?

charlieb90

Bronze Level Poster
Ok great thank you so much for your help! I’m really not sure what I’m doing could you help me with this please? Would really appreciate it.

CaseNZXT H511 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (BLACK)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: CORSAIR 4000D AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® STRIX B550-F GAMING (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 16GB AMD RADEON™ RX 6800 XT - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st Storage Drive1TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: Corsair H100x Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
That looks like two connectors but the cables are just in the same sleeve. Unless I'm missing something obvious and being dense, it looks absolutely fine to me.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Looks like two connectors in but worth tracking it to the back of the PSU to see if its a splitter from one or if it is plugged into the modular plugs on the back as two as well.

Perhaps watching an unpacking of a 850W modular might help understand the cables a little.

Harag

Gold Level Poster
Once you have found the cable and attached it to the card and PSU, I would report this back to PCS, as the builder should really know that these latest cards are power hungry and they should be putting two cables in there and not use the little extra pig tail cable (yes it makes cable management look bad, but that is what extensions are for if your that bothered about it).

If you look through your welcome pack, you will find a similar cable - full 8 pin on one side, and a 6+2 with an extension on the other. On the black bit it will probably say PCIe in white letters.

Last edited by a moderator: