New PC has arrived.

marcap

Bronze Level Poster
Alright guys,

Got the PC on Thursday. Finally got everything installed and it’s running fine.
Carried out a few benchmarks and come back top of the pile. Only thing I need to check with the memtest is the memory. It came back quite low (44th percentile) of the CPU Passwork software.

Tell you something though, it’s staying incredibly cool. It’s not throwing out heat like my old one. You don’t even realise it’s under stress 😂

Case
CORSAIR 4000D AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Promotional Item
Get Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ with select AMD products. (C)
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D 16 Core CPU (4.2GHz-5.7GHz/144MB w/3D V-CACHE/AM5)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI (AM5, DDR5, PCIe 4.0, Wi-Fi 6)
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 6000MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
12GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4070 Ti - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 7000MB/sR, 6500MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
2TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 7000MB/sR, 6500MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
2TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (3500 MB/R, 3100 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead, 1.0mm Core)
Processor Cooling
CORSAIR iCUE H115i ELITE CAPELLIX XT RGB High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case Fans
3 x Corsair AF120 RGB ELITE PWM Fan + Controller Kit
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
ONBOARD 2.5Gbe LAN PORT
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Attachments

• IMG_2067.jpeg
    IMG_2067.jpeg
    870.6 KB · Views: 37

Bhuna50

Author Level
Did you buy this with Windows and is it completely up to date?

Have you checked that your RAM is running at 6000?

marcap

Bronze Level Poster
Did you buy this with Windows and is it completely up to date?

Have you checked that your RAM is running at 6000?
Installed Windows myself pal. Already had a license.
No idea how to check the RAM speed to be fair.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Installed Windows myself pal. Already had a license.
No idea how to check the RAM speed to be fair.
Did you clean install or just license the test copy that was on there

Just open taskmanager and go on the RAM tab, shows the speed there

marcap

Bronze Level Poster
Did you clean install or just license the test copy that was on there

Just open taskmanager and go on the RAM tab, shows the speed there
Completely clean install pal. I’d already read to do that and not license the test version.
I’ll have a look in a min, see what it’s listed as.
My old PC had a better memory benchmark than mine, but that has 64gb 😂

marcap

Bronze Level Poster
It can certainly be rather cathartic. I may startup some stress relieving sessions much like yoga but designed around clean installs!
Here’s one pal. My bios is saying my RAM is running at 4800. Task manager says 6000. At what point is it overclocked pal? Is it during the boot up?

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'd be really interested to know what the memory are on the RAM PCS ships. If you have CPU-Z installed, it's very easy to check: the Memory tab, then the one labelled CAS# Latency (CL)...

No worries if it's too much effort, though!

marcap

Bronze Level Poster
I'd be really interested to know what the memory are on the RAM PCS ships. If you have CPU-Z installed, it's very easy to check: the Memory tab, then the one labelled CAS# Latency (CL)...

No worries if it's too much effort, though!
I e used that before pal. I’ll do it tonight for you.

marcap

Bronze Level Poster
Quick one guys. Any idea why my 4 year PC seems to be quicker than my new one? Benchmarks prove otherwise, but, older PC starts up way quicker. Loads windows quicker and any program or game loads quicker. I’ve no idea why. My new one seems sluggish in comparison.
Games run amazingly when open. It’s purely the loading up that seems slow.
This is the spec of my older Pc which my son now has
Case
CORSAIR 275R AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Promotional Item
Get Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla with select AMD Ryzen CPUs
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16 Core CPU (3.5GHz-4.7GHz/73MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
64GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 SUPER - HDMI, DP - VR Ready!
1st M.2 SSD Drive
2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H115i PRO Cooler w/ PCS Ultra Quiet Fans
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Boot up will naturally take longer as the pre boot RAM checks take a bit longer on DDR5. Most systems are around 30 seconds where DDR4 was around 10 seconds (for me at least, results vary). It's nothing unusual at boot though.

With regards to opening programs, I wouldn't have expected that to be the case. Unsure why that would happen. Do you have any specific program examples and timings?

Do you think it's maybe a placebo in your head with the slow boot time influencing your impressions of use?

The speed should be very similar. I wouldn't expect there to be much difference in opening/loading of programs between the 2 systems. They're both very fast primary drives so neither would really offer too much in quick load scenarios.... there would be more margin with longer game loads.

marcap

Bronze Level Poster
Boot up will naturally take longer as the pre boot RAM checks take a bit longer on DDR5. Most systems are around 30 seconds where DDR4 was around 10 seconds (for me at least, results vary). It's nothing unusual at boot though.

With regards to opening programs, I wouldn't have expected that to be the case. Unsure why that would happen. Do you have any specific program examples and timings?

Do you think it's maybe a placebo in your head with the slow boot time influencing your impressions of use?

The speed should be very similar. I wouldn't expect there to be much difference in opening/loading of programs between the 2 systems. They're both very fast primary drives so neither would really offer too much in quick load scenarios.... there would be more margin with longer game loads.
I guessed there was something like that to do with the initial boot up. Takes a while before power gets to the keyboard.

Loading up Call of Duty for example. Old PC, double click the shortcut, about a second later, it’s loading. New PC, double click the shortcut, 15 seconds before it’s loading up. That seems massive in comparison.
Both systems have Steam loading on startup too.

marcap

Bronze Level Poster
F

Figured it out.

Only seemed to be initial startup when Steam loaded and loading Steam games.

Load of Googling, turns out I am showing 2 display devices in the device manager. No idea why. Disabled the AMD one and boom, lightening quick after restart.

Attachments

• IMG_2073.jpeg
    IMG_2073.jpeg
    565.5 KB · Views: 28