New PC internet randomly disconnects (both ethernet and wifi)

AlexM

Hi all

My PCS deskptop PC is about 2 weeks old now and this issue has been fairly consistent. Originally I used a WIFI adapter that plugged into a USB port, on my old PC this worked perfectly, when using it on my new PC however the signal was very poor and disconnected regularly. So, I purchased a powerline adapter kit, plugging my router into the powerline, then the powerline into the PC via ethernet cable.

The signal was great and internet was strong. However, every so often (sometimes hours apart or sometimes minutes apart) the internet will disconnected for a few minutes. Then connect again. For gaming, this is not ideal!

To summarize, the same setup would work perfectly on my old PC but not my new PCS PC. What could possibly be the problem? I'm really lost with this one.

Any help would be appreciated
Alex

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The first thing I would check is whether the connection is stable plugged directly into the router. Granted that might not be very convenient, but removing as many variables as possible may help you get to the bottom of it faster.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Make sure that the 'Allow Windows to turn off this device to save power' is unchecked for your LAN adapter (and your WIFi card too).