New pc issue

Ganggang

Bronze Level Poster
Hi everyone my sister got a pc from PCS without a OS. We choose windows 11 as the OS we will be installing on it, we had windows 11 on a USB. She had turned the pc on this morning and was greeted with a Home Screen with a message from PCS saying the OS is a test one they used in production or something similar and told us if we want to install windows 10 (the OS running looked like 11) to put in the serial key or else install our preferred one.

We put in the USB and launched the drive via the bios and it opened the windows 11 installation page, we went through it and it wasn’t picking up any wifi despite having wifi in the house and the antennas connected, we had to wire it up to get through the set up process and after that the PC would randomly turn to a black screen and not go off until we switched the pc off, it was either go black screen or have tons of green lines on the screen.

Since the message from PCS wallpaper said windows 10, we decided to try and install windows 10 on it but the same problems occurred. Wifi is still not working as well. We updated graphics drivers and did the windows updates.

Anyone know what is going on? Will PCS fix this problem for her if we cannot fix it ourselves?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi everyone my sister got a pc from PCS without a OS. We choose windows 11 as the OS we will be installing on it, we had windows 11 on a USB. She had turned the pc on this morning and was greeted with a Home Screen with a message from PCS saying the OS is a test one they used in production or something similar and told us if we want to install windows 10 (the OS running looked like 11) to put in the serial key or else install our preferred one.

We put in the USB and launched the drive via the bios and it opened the windows 11 installation page, we went through it and it wasn’t picking up any wifi despite having wifi in the house and the antennas connected, we had to wire it up to get through the set up process and after that the PC would randomly turn to a black screen and not go off until we switched the pc off, it was either go black screen or have tons of green lines on the screen.

Since the message from PCS wallpaper said windows 10, we decided to try and install windows 10 on it but the same problems occurred. Wifi is still not working as well. We updated graphics drivers and did the windows updates.

Anyone know what is going on? Will PCS fix this problem for her if we cannot fix it ourselves?
Had you installed all drivers after installing windows?

Ganggang

Bronze Level Poster
Had you installed all drivers after installing windows?
Hey, yeah the first thing I did when we eventually did get onto the pc was install the windows updates and then GeForce experience drivers. The pc isn’t currently running on wifi and the Ethernet cable isn’t accessible at the moment as it’s in another room.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey, yeah the first thing I did when we eventually did get onto the pc was install the windows updates and then GeForce experience drivers. The pc isn’t currently running on wifi and the Ethernet cable isn’t accessible at the moment as it’s in another room.
If it isn't connected to the network then it won't be able to install any updates. Just move it temporarily so you can connect LAN and install all optional updates, that should include the wifi drivers.

Ganggang

Bronze Level Poster
If it isn't connected to the network then it won't be able to install any updates. Just move it temporarily so you can connect LAN and install all optional updates, that should include the wifi drivers.
We were able to do that once, it installed the drivers and the wifi was working, however the PC would then go black screen and the display would not come back on unfortunately. I’m genuinely running out of ideas it’s mind boggling me, haven’t had any issues like this before, myself and my brother both have PCS computers too and has no issues but my sisters PC just didn’t want to work for us :( Should we contact PCS or is there some more trouble shooting me can do? Also I forgot to mention, sometimes there’s one beep when booting up the PC, and sometimes there’s 3 beeps, sometimes no beeps. Sorry I forgot to mention that in my post.

If you open device manager, do you see any yellow warning symbols against any devices?

Hey, I will try that and let you know. Thank you both for the responses.

davhun

Gold Level Poster
We were able to do that once, it installed the drivers and the wifi was working, however the PC would then go black screen and the display would not come back on unfortunately. I’m genuinely running out of ideas it’s mind boggling me, haven’t had any issues like this before, myself and my brother both have PCS computers too and has no issues but my sisters PC just didn’t want to work for us :( Should we contact PCS or is there some more trouble shooting me can do? Also I forgot to mention, sometimes there’s one beep when booting up the PC, and sometimes there’s 3 beeps, sometimes no beeps. Sorry I forgot to mention that in my post.

Hey, I will try that and let you know. Thank you both for the responses.
When connecting to the router, did you enter the WiFi password key (usually found on the back of the router).

Ganggang

Bronze Level Poster
When connecting to the router, did you enter the WiFi password key (usually found on the back of the router).
Hey, yeah we did. However the wifi isn’t even showing up as available anymore. Its not picking up any wifi at all, it’s only letting us use it wired. And even then we can’t get on it long without the screen display going off on us.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So it's not altogether clear what's happening here.

So when you installed windows you had it connected via LAN and installed all optional updates?

Ganggang

Bronze Level Poster
So it's not altogether clear what's happening here.

So when you installed windows you had it connected via LAN and installed all optional updates?
Okay so basically, when she turned it on originally after opening it on Christmas Day, it took her to the desktop with the background saying it’s a test OS and and that if we have a key for windows 10 we can put it in (we picked that we will be installing W11 on the PC during the build process when first purchasing. I had windows 11 on a usb drive, inserted that into the PC, went to the bios and booted the usb there to initialise the installation process, it took us a few goes to actually get through it due to the display just shutting down on us and going black. It’s also worth noting that at times there was multiple green lines on the display, we then got to the point where it asks us to connect to wifi, no wifi was showing up at all, we went to another room temporarily to use the Ethernet cable to see if that would help us get through the set up and get the windows updates installed, we did that and installed them, plugged out the lan to test the wifi before bringing the PC back to its original room, turned it on and after maybe 5 minutes the display would just go black, tried reinstalling it again just in case something went wrong during the installation, but these problems kept occurring, sometimes we would get further than other times we tried, but installing the OS again doesn’t seem to fix it. Tried both windows 10 and 11, as the first time when she turned the pc on the wallpaper mentioned a windows 10 key, which made me think to try windows 10 but still had no joy with it.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Okay so basically, when she turned it on originally after opening it on Christmas Day, it took her to the desktop with the background saying it’s a test OS and and that if we have a key for windows 10 we can put it in (we picked that we will be installing W11 on the PC during the build process when first purchasing. I had windows 11 on a usb drive, inserted that into the PC, went to the bios and booted the usb there to initialise the installation process, it took us a few goes to actually get through it due to the display just shutting down on us and going black. It’s also worth noting that at times there was multiple green lines on the display, we then got to the point where it asks us to connect to wifi, no wifi was showing up at all, we went to another room temporarily to use the Ethernet cable to see if that would help us get through the set up and get the windows updates installed, we did that and installed them, plugged out the lan to test the wifi before bringing the PC back to its original room, turned it on and after maybe 5 minutes the display would just go black, tried reinstalling it again just in case something went wrong during the installation, but these problems kept occurring, sometimes we would get further than other times we tried, but installing the OS again doesn’t seem to fix it. Tried both windows 10 and 11, as the first time when she turned the pc on the wallpaper mentioned a windows 10 key, which made me think to try windows 10 but still had no joy with it.
Can you paste the full specs from the order page?

And just to confirm, did you make a windows usb with the latest image from Microsoft?

Ganggang

Bronze Level Poster
Can you paste the full specs from the order page?

And just to confirm, did you make a windows usb with the latest image from Microsoft?
I did, I got it from the usual page. And sure thing I will post the specs for you

Attachments

• BBCF3857-FAAD-404C-BF44-B75CF7E629F6.png
    BBCF3857-FAAD-404C-BF44-B75CF7E629F6.png
    564.4 KB · Views: 89
  • C2A866CE-BCB0-4BE4-864A-A28440C24138.png
    C2A866CE-BCB0-4BE4-864A-A28440C24138.png
    713.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 9A198DA7-C17A-466B-AECD-1F11A53B4B44.png
    9A198DA7-C17A-466B-AECD-1F11A53B4B44.png
    590.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 30B77855-D12D-408F-8811-5381B5731E4C.png
    30B77855-D12D-408F-8811-5381B5731E4C.png
    646.7 KB · Views: 36

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I did, I got it from the usual page. And sure thing I will post the specs for you
Well it’s hard to say as the symptoms aren’t that clear to be honest.

The green scan lines could point to a graphics driver issue, or a failed gpu.

Would be worth removing the gpu and reinstalling it in case it came loose in shipping.

If the issue persists and especially if you have pixelation before the windows login screen then it suggests a bad gpu.

But I also wouldn’t be happy with that cooler on that cpu.

The PSU is also only just enough for the pc, which shouldn’t attribute to this issue but it’s too low imho when the system is under stress

Ganggang

Bronze Level Poster
Well it’s hard to say as the symptoms aren’t that clear to be honest.

The green scan lines could point to a graphics driver issue, or a failed gpu.

Would be worth removing the gpu and reinstalling it in case it came loose in shipping.

If the issue persists and especially if you have pixelation before the windows login screen then it suggests a bad gpu.

But I also wouldn’t be happy with that cooler on that cpu.

The PSU is also only just enough for the pc, which shouldn’t attribute to this issue but it’s too low imho when the system is under stress

I honestly don’t want to go messing around on the inside of the PC, don’t want to possibly break something. The PC is actually for my sister and she won’t be playing high stress games, it’s just a start for her and will be upgraded over time. Would you recommend that I give PCS a call tomorrow?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Software is separate from hardware, it’s not connected at all. If you order without windows you NEED to do a clean install to install your own OS.

PCS also have an open chassis policy on the hardware so you can take it apart and make most upgrades without affecting warranty on the parts you bought so long as you don’t damage them in the meantime

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I honestly don’t want to go messing around on the inside of the PC, don’t want to possibly break something. The PC is actually for my sister and she won’t be playing high stress games, it’s just a start for her and will be upgraded over time. Would you recommend that I give PCS a call tomorrow?
PCS will still ask you to do basic troubleshooting to find the faulty component is there is one, as if it’s software then there’s no need to return the pc, and if it’s hardware then they’d want to isolate the problem component rather than having to send the whole pc back.

But if you’re more comfortable working through it with them, just be aware of it does turn out to be software you may be charged for support

Ganggang

Bronze Level Poster
PCS will still ask you to do basic troubleshooting to find the faulty component is there is one, as if it’s software then there’s no need to return the pc, and if it’s hardware then they’d want to isolate the problem component rather than having to send the whole pc back.

But if you’re more comfortable working through it with them, just be aware of it does turn out to be software you may be charged for support
I understand. However, the PC wasn't used for anything, no software was downloaded to it apart from Geforce Experience, and the only other thing that was done was the windows updates. The issues were basically happening from as soon as the PC was switched on. Thank you for your response.

Ekans2011

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Sorry if this comes across as unpleasant, but what type of upgrade do you think you can pull off on a dead platform with a 550W power supply?