New PC nothing showing on monitor

PDK

Hello I just got a newly ordered pc today and when I connect the monitor up and turn it on I'm not getting anything up on the monitor. I know the monitor does work and I am getting a single "beep" from the desktop after start up so it seems the hardware is working but nothing is showing up on the monitor, any advice?

Rakk

The Awesome
I presume you are talking about a desktop rather than an all-in-one PC? (You've posted in the All-In-One section - I'll move the post if it is a desktop rather the AIO)

PDK

I haven't selected an output on the monitor, I just plugged it in and it works on my current (old) pc but not on my new one. I don't think it's a monitor problem. I've been looking online and it seems clearing the CMOS can reset things and might get it to work, I've a "Motherboard Gigabyte Z97-HD3: ATX, LG1150, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs". Though it seems like it might not have a motherboard jumper.

T

TheGeeza

I doubt a Cmos reset would change anything.
Are you still using the same cable that you used with your old PC?
If not you need to change the output on the monitor to the cable you are using now.
You could also try reseating the graphics card in the PCI-E slot.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm using the same cable from my monitor.

Are you using HDMI or DVI or perhaps DP? If it's HDMI, then the monitor should auto switch to the correct channel. If it's DVI, then you'll have to manually switch to the DVI channel. Either way, I would try cycling all the input channels to make sure it's not that.