New PC randomly cuts power while playing war thunder

T

TheGeeza

New PC randomly cuts power while playing war thunder. I play war thunder for about 5-10 minutes before the PC completely cuts power. It seems to just be while playing this game as i have tested other games since i noticed the problem. Could this be a faulty motherboard? My friend built the PC and told me that he had dropped the processor during installation. It landed on the top and not the bottom .Thanks in advance for any help :)

Intel Core i5 4670K, S 1150, Haswell, Quad Core, 3.4GHz, 3.8GHz Turbo, 1200MHz GPU

MSI Z87-G45 GAMING Intel Z87 Socket 1150 Motherboard with mSATA Slot

Asus Directcuii GTX 680

Corsair CXM Builder series 750W Hybrid Modular Power Supply (PSU)

Corsair vengeance low profile memory (RAM) 1600mhz Dual channel

Corsair H55 liquid cooler

T

TheGeeza

Hi, No there are no error messages. It has completely cut power. I did have to restart it manually via the front panel, However the PC does restart automatically now.

T

TheGeeza

No overclocks and the temps seem fine. 32 degrees on CPU under light load and 27 degrees on the GPU.

steaky360

Have you tried reinstalling the game(s) that are causing the problem? I doubt its a hardware thing as you have mentioned it only occurs on one game.

T

TheGeeza

I've tried re installing the game and it stopped the power cuts for a couple of seconds and then it started again.

Last edited by a moderator:

steaky360

I'm pretty baffled to be honest. Try to reinstall the game again would be my suggestion, its very strange that it worked 'temporarily'.

T

TheGeeza

I tried re-installing the game and I still get the same problem. Thanks for the help though :)

T

TheGeeza

It has started to do it just cause 2 as well now although it has stopped doing it in war thunder :/

steaky360

Might be worth trying to run a few tests, run memtest as ubuysa suggested above and also run a few benchmarks (trying to stress your GPU/CPU) see if it crashes at all during those.

SimonUK

When I had a Samsung RV510 laptop, myself and my son used to play it, one day after not very long, the laptop kept crashing, so I removed the game, rebooted the laptop, and then I reinstalled the game............and everything was fine! :)