New PC Received - Slight Damage

PokerFace

Banned
I received my new pc a few days ago.

The box/packaging all seemed fine and undamaged, however, on inspecting the internals, I noticed the following:

1) The CPU fan was hanging loosely by the cable. It appears that the retaining clips had come loose, probably during transport. I managed to refit the fan, but I have to say, the clips on this model of cooler/fan are not very sturdy. They seem like any amount of movement would easily dislodge them again.

2) The i/o plate was not correctly fitted and it bent the plastic BIOS FLBK button, as the button was not correctly lined up with the hole in the plate. When I tried to reposition the button, it fell off as it was snapped. I'm not too concerned about this, as the BIOS switch can still be pressed in, using a pen or paperclip, so hopefully no real damage was done.

3) The bottom screw fixing the solid side panel (motherboard side) was bent and does not tighten up. So there is just one screw holding the panel on. As there was no apparent damage to the box/packaging, I can only assume that this screw was damaged either at installation, or when packaging the pc. Either way, it was disappointing to receive the pc in this condition.

I did send a message to PCS, just to make them aware. I know they are very busy, but basic care should be taken when fitting components.

On a brighter note, everything else seems ok, although I haven't tested everything fully. My last PCS pc (10 years old) was really struggling to run my poker programs and a few websites, which used to make hard drive and CPU spike to 100%. However, I haven't seen my M.2 SSD go above 2% yet!

Cheers,

PokerFace

Attachments

• IMG_1198.JPG
    IMG_1198.JPG
    671.6 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_1199.JPG
    IMG_1199.JPG
    607.7 KB · Views: 278

PokerFace

Banned
There was just the standard polystyrene packaging around the outside of the case, nothing inside the case. It was more the initial fitting of the I/O plate that was disappointing.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'd send photos to PCS and arrange an RMA
I would as well... even if it doesn't cause issues now, there's a risk that it may cause complications in the future, and either way, I wouldn't be satisfied with that from a brand new PC.

I know it's a hassle but in my experience, don't settle for things like this, get it pristine because things like this have a habit of rearing their ugly heads at a later date.

PokerFace

Banned
I'd send photos to PCS and arrange an RMA
I've sent them a link to this thread, but I can't be bothered to RMA, as long as everything is working. They could compensate me with a free keyboard or something :) as my old keyboard has a PS2 connection, and new pc only has USBs :(

There was another user who had this issue with the io panel who I think ended up taking a dremmel to it ( do not do that ) was the same motherboard tho I think he requested a rma

PokerFace

Banned
I would as well... even if it doesn't cause issues now, there's a risk that it may cause complications in the future, and either way, I wouldn't be satisfied with that from a brand new PC.

I know it's a hassle but in my experience, don't settle for things like this, get it pristine because things like this have a habit of rearing their ugly heads at a later date.
I appreciate your advice, but as long as everything is working, I can't see that these issues should cause a future problem. I would have preferred it to be pristine, but I don't fancy DPD throwing it around on a return journey!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've sent them a link to this thread, but I can't be bothered to RMA, as long as everything is working. They could compensate me with a free keyboard or something :) as my old keyboard has a PS2 connection, and new pc only has USBs :(
I guess so long as they're aware of the damage on receipt then any direct failures that could possibly result in the future they'll be prepared for.

So long as you're happy, that's all that matters.