New pc review

Iceash

Bronze Level Poster
Case COOLERMASTER CM STORM ENFORCER - GAMING ENTHUSIAST CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i5-2500k Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard ASUS® P8Z68-V: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, NVIDIA®SLI™, ATI®CrossFireX
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card 1.5GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card NONE
3rd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
2nd Hard Disk NONE
RAID NONE
SSD CACHE DRIVE NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£72)
Processor Cooling TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Modem NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND
Floppy Disk Drive NONE
Firewire & Video Editing NONE
TV Card NONE
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Monitor NONE
2nd Monitor NONE
DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables NONE
Eyefinity / GeForce 3D Vision NONE
Keyboard & Mouse NONE
Mouse NONE
Speakers NONE
Webcam NONE
Headsets (VOIP) NONE
Surge Protection NONE
Cable Tidy NONE
Printer NONE
External Hard Drive NONE
Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Home Installation NONE
Data Recovery NONE
Delivery STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Miscellaneous FREE Battlefield 3 with 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processor-K

Production Dates

Processed Date 01-11-2011
Pre-Production Date 08-11-2011
Build Date 14-11-2011
Test Date 18-11-2011
QC Date 18-11-2011
Awaiting Dispatch Date 19-11-2011
Dispatch Date 19-11-2011 (21-11-2011)
Who Worked on This Order?

Built By Chris McAvoy
Tested By Zbear Ramzan
QC'd By :Adnaan Marban
Packed By Anthony Cunliffe

ORDERING:
very easy to order with some great help from the forums in the shape of tom_gr7, with his build and a little help from PCS i came to the build to buy.

WAIT TIMES:
PCS let themselves down a little bit here, after 5 working days received a automated email stating will be built and tested in 8 working days, if the email had instead read very busy at this time so there maybe a bit of a delay then would have considered the fast track, instead of expecting it to be done by the 10 working days. ordering to receiving pc 23 days.

PACKAGING:
very well packaged, packaged with care seemed like a delicate machine packed to send off to a valued customer, instead of the normally chuck it in a box that's too big approach by other company's

PC:
Wow exceed's expectations, wiring very neat, very quiet even under load, the noisiest thing is the HDD and that's minor. machine has so far handled anything i have thrown at it.

DELIVERY:
POOR after waiting in all day a no show, spoke to RICK the next day at PCS (a real credit to PCS ) who managed to find out that Yodel were too busy so the driver returned to the depo, not happy then that i had to take an unpaid day off work, for the next day. finally arrived on the 23rd at 18:15 where the driver lied about the previous days delivery, until i pulled him up on it.

SCORE:
8/10 This would have been 10/10 if is wasn't for Yodel letting you guy's down. Already recomended PCS to a friend looking for a new laptop and wouldn't hesitate in buying again. though next time i need a pc might go on holiday in the area.

Thx again.

pics http://imageshack.us/g/580/girls601.jpg/

Last edited:

Iceash

Bronze Level Poster
Unfortunately it's part of the buying experience so that was why PCS get tied in with Yodel. while Yodel were useless you have to remember that the customer has a contract with PCS, not Yodel so anything that yodel do wrong reflects badly on PCS.

MadMan

Super Star
true, you were unfortunate with yodel but many people including myself have had a great service with yodel.

ekeis

Is that BF3 ? I was wondering if they ship the game with it? Since there are some GPUs that come with it.

Iceash

Bronze Level Poster
yep that is bf3 was on sale with any intel k processor, though with the starwars weekend, skyrim, shogun2, i have only had a few goes on bf3, will do more next week