New PC | Ryzen 5900

my username

PC arrived a week and a half ago, so far its been working fine. I have 1 problem, the cooler keeps flashing on and off along with USB disconnect sounds. I have a H115i Capella x. I’ve noticed if I shut the software down its not as frequent. Has anybody experienced this with Corsair?

pc.jpg

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'd check the USB connection from the pump to the motherboard, also the sata power connection to the commander core, either of them could have come loose in transit, also check all the pump firmware and Icue is up to date

my username

I checked this morning, the all the cable were fitted in, software and firmware was up to date. I noticed the fans were set to quiet and when I switched over to balance and the problem became less frequent, maybe once every 3-4 hours, with the fans set the quiet it was happening every 10 to 15 seconds.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I checked this morning, the all the cable were fitted in, software and firmware was up to date. I noticed the fans were set to quiet and when I switched over to balance and the problem became less frequent, maybe once every 3-4 hours, with the fans set the quiet it was happening every 10 to 15 seconds.
This could be an old BIOS version. Early B550 and X570 BIOSes had a USB disconnected issue and the pump and RGB on that cooler ate powered by USB

Could you open system information and post the BIOS version?

my username

Where would another USB header be? I’ve had a look through the manual, I cant find another header for the pump. I have a Rog Strix x570 E-gaming.

Would the pump be connected to the commander core?

The light is on, fans are spinning, but the software (iCue) is no longer showing the pump.

I’m new to this (messing with motherboards) and abit out of my depth so I appreciate all the help i can get.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Where would another USB header be? I’ve had a look through the manual, I cant find another header for the pump. I have a Rog Strix x570 E-gaming.

Would the pump be connected to the commander core?

The light is on, fans are spinning, but the software (iCue) is no longer showing the pump.

I’m new to this (messing with motherboards) and abit out of my depth so I appreciate all the help i can get.
Just trace where the Pump usb is going, move it to another header on the same device it's plugged into.

my username

Both the USB 34/12 have something connected and are fixed in firmly.

I did notice a loose connector to the USB 3.2 gen 2 front panel

RichLan564

Bright Spark
View attachment 30221

Its difficult to trace cables, theyre hidden behind case panels and the graphics card is in the way.
Similar spec to mine and I reckon there will be an internal USB hub in the bottom of the case as there isn’t enough headers for everything, take the side cover off and look in the bottom of the case and check all connections are securely plugged into the internal USB hub if there is one there

my username

Similar spec to mine and I reckon there will be an internal USB hub in the bottom of the case as there isn’t enough headers for everything, take the side cover off and look in the bottom of the case and check all connections are securely plugged into the internal USB hub if there is one there

Which side panel? the glass or side with then fans run to?

my username

What ever was connected to the USB 3.2 gen 2 front panel was loose. Since i fixed it in, ive had no disconnects sounds and RGB flashes, Im going to check all the other connectors, and let it run for the day to see if the probelm persits and ill check back in tomorrow.