New PC - several questions

Starhermit

I recently bought this pc set up - which overall I'm very happy with, but I do have several questions which I'm hoping someone here can help with:

Case
CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ AIR 540 GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Quad Core Processor i7-7740X (4.3GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME X299-A: ATX, USB 3.1, SATA 6 GB/s, RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2666MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR Ready!
1st Hard Disk
500GB WD Blue™ 3D NAND 2.5" SSD, (upto 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
500GB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 16MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 550W VS SERIES™ VS-550 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
CoolerMaster Hyper 212X (120mm) Fan CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
EK-TIM ECTOTHERM THERMAL COMPOUND
Extra Case Fans
2x 120mm Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Supplied on DVD
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Firefox™
Keyboard & Mouse
PCS Defiance Series X603 RGB Keyboard
Mouse
LOGITECH® OPTICAL USB MOUSE
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
TIMED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND - MON-FRI, PRE-NOON
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days
Quantity

Q1: The PCS Defiance Series X603 RGB Keyboard I bought; should there have been a manual of some sort provided with it? It's super duper fancy but the multicolour backlights seem to come on or go off when they want to and my keyboard looks like a christmas tree; I can't figure out how to trun them on or off or control them - or is this meant to happen. Plus there are a feew keys such as the G1-G6 keys I have no idea how to use and don't seem to do anything.

Q2: I can't seem to get my rear speakers to play. The Realtek Audio manger test works and it picks up my rear speakers and center speaker but playing music on net or itunes only two of the front speakers play (Bass also works). Is there something I've missed?

Any help appreciated. :)

steaky360

I believe the issue with the keyboard can be solved by installing suitable drivers for it, I know others on this forum have suggested this before (but they knew where the drivers were!!) I'm guessing they will be in your downloads section on the main PCS website (worth taking a look there).

I'm sure someone else will see this and correct me if I'm wrong :)

If you right click on the little speaker icon, go into playback devices and 'test speakers' do all the various speakers play a note? It could also be that music just doesn't use the rear speakers?

Starhermit

I believe the issue with the keyboard can be solved by installing suitable drivers for it, I know others on this forum have suggested this before (but they knew where the drivers were!!) I'm guessing they will be in your downloads section on the main PCS website (worth taking a look there).

I'm sure someone else will see this and correct me if I'm wrong :)

If you right click on the little speaker icon, go into playback devices and 'test speakers' do all the various speakers play a note? It could also be that music just doesn't use the rear speakers?

Thank you for responding. Checking the downloads section for drivers was one of the first things I did, there was a dowload for num lock fix which I expected. On my last keyboard I had an info sheet with it with instructions for turning backlights on or off (basically press Scroll Lock which I did try) but nothing included with this keyboard. On continued observation it seems the xmas tree display starts when you start typing something and goes off when not used for a few minutes; it's quite possible that this is how the keyboard is supposed to work; it doesn't, however, explain how to use the extra keys.

I did go into playback devices and 'test speakers' and yes they all work fine; I have a 5.1 system (it is old though at 17 years old) and all the speakers are picked up and test ok but I'm still left with only front left and right speakers working when using itunes or net etc. On previous computers I always bought a sound blaster card and with a few changes in the Creative settings all speakers would play when listening to music, using net media and playing games etc, so I'm pretty sure they are meant to all be used. This time around I decided just to just to go with the on board sound which work fine in test but not in actual use. I'm afraid I'm at a loss as how to get them to work correctly. :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Regarding the sound, you will need to specify the output as 5.1 in the driver as it will default to stereo.