New PC

smthck

Hello.

With my new PC arriving later this week, I was wondering what are the first things I'll need to do when I unpack it? What software/drivers will I need to download?

It's coming with Windows 10 installed, but with the purpose being gaming what will I need to install myself?

Thank you.

ChrisCooney

Silver Level Poster
Hi! Congrats on the PC.

Open Windows Update and keep checking for updates to install until there’s nothing else.

Use device manager to look for any driver updates for your various components. GPU, CPU, RAM etc.

I ran a performance test on my computer to make sure it was functioning as expected. There are a wide array of tools available, your call on which to use.

If your PC has multiple HDDs, might be worth setting locations so you don’t fill up your fast HDD with downloads etc :)

what are you planning to do with this new purchase of yours?

smthck

Hi! Congrats on the PC.

Open Windows Update and keep checking for updates to install until there’s nothing else.

Use device manager to look for any driver updates for your various components. GPU, CPU, RAM etc.

I ran a performance test on my computer to make sure it was functioning as expected. There are a wide array of tools available, your call on which to use.

If your PC has multiple HDDs, might be worth setting locations so you don’t fill up your fast HDD with downloads etc :)

what are you planning to do with this new purchase of yours?
Thanks dude... it has been a long wait haha.

Also, will I need to install any Nvidia related programmes? PCS don't seem to specify what is installed and what isn't.

I've got a big SATA drive and also 1 TB of Samsung M.2.

I'm just going to be playing some games (big fan of DayZ) and other kinds such as that. Might even start up streaming and some video making again for the fun, my rig should be more than adequate.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Some handy info for you in these two threads, also :D (y)

salg04086

Silver Level Poster
Hello All, very useful information.

Question for RGB changes would I download Corseair software or Asus ROG software ( I have ordered Corseair 500D RGB) and I will be getting the ROG Hero motherboard.

Appreciate your thoughts

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hello All, very useful information.

Question for RGB changes would I download Corseair software or Asus ROG software ( I have ordered Corseair 500D RGB) and I will be getting the ROG Hero motherboard.

Appreciate your thoughts
For any Corsair RGB (Fans or RAM), you'd have to download Corsair's iCUE software. If it's not Corsair, it's likely controlled through your Motherboard software (for ASUS this is Aura)

salg04086

Silver Level Poster
For any Corsair RGB (Fans or RAM), you'd have to download Corsair's iCUE software. If it's not Corsair, it's likely controlled through your Motherboard software (for ASUS this is Aura)
Thanks - I have ordered the case, coller is H100I, plus the ram is Corseair Platinum , so will use the Corsair's ICUE. Thanks for coming back to me.