New PC

LFC908

Bronze Level Poster
Well I haven't used this forum since around 2017 and 2013 when I first ordered my old PC from PCS which was a I-5 4570 quad core 3.2ghz, GTX7702GB and 8GB DDR3 RAM. I then bought a PC 2nd hand from a friend that I have been using for a while now which was a I-7 6850k 6 core 3.6ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM and a GTX1080 in 2018 for like £800... However, I have finally saved enough to pull the trigger on my first all out (Mostly) PC. Very excited!

I have also been very inpatient and paid for the 3 day build option. Ordered yesterday and it's already in testing. The 3D model the send you is very impressive.

To note, I am installing my own ASUS TUF RTX4070TI and adding an additonal 4GB SSD that I own.

Case
FRACTAL MESHIFY 2 LIGHT TEMPERED GLASS
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D Eight Core CPU (4.2GHz-5.0GHz/104MB w/3D V-CACHE/AM5)
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING WIFI (WIFI 6E, DDR5, PCIe 5.0)
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 5600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
NONE, I ALREADY HAVE A GRAPHICS CARD
Graphics Card Support Bracket
NONE (BRACKET INCLUDED AS STANDARD ON 4070 Ti AND ABOVE)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
1st Storage Drive
4TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I would opt for a better primary M2 drive and definitely a 1000w PSU. I would also get the 4070Ti bracket for your GPU to install, or does it come with one?

Strix seems like a strange motherboard choice, any reason for it? Could have saved a fair few quid on that.

Great choice with the case and CPU though, the 7800X3D is brilliant :)

LFC908

Bronze Level Poster
I would opt for a better primary M2 drive and definitely a 1000w PSU. I would also get the 4070Ti bracket for your GPU to install, or does it come with one?

Strix seems like a strange motherboard choice, any reason for it? Could have saved a fair few quid on that.

Great choice with the case and CPU though, the 7800X3D is brilliant :)

M.2 as in size or speed? if speed then I'm not too concerned. In real world application and testing it seems to not make much difference. However, looking at the small price difference, you may be right. Yeah if you order the card by itself it comes with a support bracket which is nice.

Motherboard was tricky. It's way too expensive but I found PCS' motherboard selection to be really poor. Especially in brand variety.

With the PSU, I'm happy with 850w. even overclocking the Graphics card leaves me with around 74% to 78% load on the PSU at max power draw. I had a 1000w PSU in my previous build but while it would allow for more freedom to upgrade if cards get power hungry in the future, I'm happy to buy one and reconfigure in 4-5 years time if needs be. Although there seems to be a focus on reducing power draw and increasing thermal efficiency with newer hardware so hopefully that continues.

I wanted a white motherboard but the only other option is the Asus prime. I have definitely overspent on the MB but it is (I know everyone hates this) more future proofed in my mind. However, I will concede that I have overspent and it's more a vanity issue hahaha.

Thanks! I have seen many good things about the 7800x3d and have historically had weaker CPUs so will be nice to get a nice new powerful one .

Last edited: