New pre build display/GPU problem

Hi,

I have just received a tornado from Currys with Radeon RX 6800. https://www.currys.co.uk/GBUK/product-10219039-pdt.html
This is supposed to be my dream PC but...
I suspect that is faulty but want to ask for advice first. So...
After connecting the pc to monitor with DP or HDMI cable (I'm not using the motherboard slot, I have connected it to the GPU) there is no signal coming to the display. Ive tried all the connections on the GPU but non of them seems to send a signal. I have also noticed that the 3x fans are not spinning (is that normal?). The only 'sign of life' the graphic card shows are the RGB letters on the GPU.
The rest of the build seem to work fine.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? I've tested the monitor with old laptop and it is definitely not monitor's fault.

What should I do?

Please help. If it's faulty then this is a biggest disappointment I've experienced for a long time as the last time I had a gaming pc was 8 years ago...

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
heck that the graphic card is properly seated, and that all the cables that go to it are properly plugged in at both ends, also check in the monitor menu that you've got the correct input method selected

heck that the graphic card is properly seated, and that all the cables that go to it are properly plugged in at both ends, also check in the monitor menu that you've got the correct input method selected
I'm just worried that if I'm going to mess around the connections to pcu I will lose my warranty as this is pre build pc. I have checked the connections on GPU end but still no reaction.

To be fair you open the PC up when you get it to get rid of that packing anyway, Not saying go wild, But just push the GPU a bit towards the motherboard to make sure its properly seated in the slot.

Have you tried plugging it into a different monitor or TV at all? Something at least?

Fans might not be spinning cause they are not under load, depends on the boot types with certain GPU's some will do a boot up spin some will not, i dunno how these AMD cards boot /shrug

Are there any lights on the Motherboard that stay on?
Yes. The motherboard seem to have a light on all cpu fans and case fans are spinning.

To be fair you open the PC up when you get it to get rid of that packing anyway, Not saying go wild, But just push the GPU a bit towards the motherboard to make sure its properly seated in the slot.

Have you tried plugging it into a different monitor or TV at all? Something at least?

Fans might not be spinning cause they are not under load, depends on the boot types with certain GPU's some will do a boot up spin some will not, i dunno how these AMD cards boot /shrug
Yes I have tried to plug it into TV - the result was the same - not detected.

Hi,

If you have just received it eh n contact Currys technical support as it is under warranty.

One thing it could be is that the bios is set to the onboard graphics on the motherboard and not the GPU.

Can you boot into the bios and check the setting, if you are not sure how to do that contact Currys.

Martin

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Yes. The motherboard seem to have a light on all cpu fans and case fans are spinning.

Yes I have tried to plug it into TV - the result was the same - not detected.
Is the light a small white one and has VGA next to it? will be small letters. If so that normally means a GPU problem of some sort.

If it is just explain this to Currys and they could talk you through things or take it back to check themselves.

Is the light a small white one and has VGA next to it? will be small letters. If so that normally means a GPU problem of some sort.

If it is just explain this to Currys and they could talk you through things or take it back to check themselves.
Yes. There was VGA white light on motherboard.

Progress update:
After 1.5 hour of troubleshooting over the phone with PCS technical team yesterday, we've gone to a conclusion that the card itself is faulty.

But that left me with even more doubt. The engineer proposed the card replacement on Monday and I was happy to accept...and he left me hanging here with no confirmation and no response are after our call got disconnected. He sent me an email saying he will call me back but I never got a response in any sort after. Now I'm left with a feeling of even bigger disappointed. I'm not sure if I should ring Currys to replace the pc? But I'm just worried it will take ages with them