New problem with brand new PC - Horrendous rattling from GPU FAN - HELP!

Okay, so I have a brand new PC, here's the specs.

CaseLIAN LI LANCOOL II GAMING CASE
Overclocked CPUOverclocked Intel® Core™ i9-11900K Eight Core (3.50GHz @ up to 5.4GHz)
OC BIOS FIle
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX Z590-F GAMING WIFI (LGA1200, USB 3.2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)64GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 16GB)
Graphics Card24GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 Ti - HDMI, DP
Graphics Card Support BracketPCS ARGB GRAPHICS CARD SUPPORT BRACKET
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NONE
1st M.2 SSD Drive4TB CORSAIR MP600 PRO NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (up to 7000 MB/R, 6850 MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive4TB CORSAIR MP600 PRO NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (up to 7000 MB/R, 6850 MB/W)
1st Storage Drive20TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 256MB CACHE
2nd Storage Drive6TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 256MB CACHE
3rd Storage Drive6TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 256MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 1000W RMe SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead, 1.0mm Core)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster® Audigy™ FX
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT

Had it two weeks, it's already been sent back once as it was freezing constantly from day one, and they replaced the CPU and RAM. Now I have this problem, only noticed because I tried to play some heavy games on it that came with the PC (Spiderman and the new Warhammer) - I was actually scared the PC was gonna blow up lol.

Anyway, here's a video (links to my Google Drive, nothing sketchy). I have actually isolated it to one of the GPU fans after cycling through every one in the PC. This seems like a worst case scenario as I am no where near skilled enough to take out a GPU and fix it. To be honest, after spending over £4,500 I am starting to get pretty stressed out with it all at this point. Can anyone help please?

THANKS.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Okay, so I have a brand new PC, here's the specs.

CaseLIAN LI LANCOOL II GAMING CASE
Overclocked CPUOverclocked Intel® Core™ i9-11900K Eight Core (3.50GHz @ up to 5.4GHz)
OC BIOS FIleDownload Overclock BIOS File
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX Z590-F GAMING WIFI (LGA1200, USB 3.2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)64GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 16GB)
Graphics Card24GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 Ti - HDMI, DP
Graphics Card Support BracketPCS ARGB GRAPHICS CARD SUPPORT BRACKET
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NONE
1st M.2 SSD Drive4TB CORSAIR MP600 PRO NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (up to 7000 MB/R, 6850 MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive4TB CORSAIR MP600 PRO NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (up to 7000 MB/R, 6850 MB/W)
1st Storage Drive20TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 256MB CACHE
2nd Storage Drive6TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 256MB CACHE
3rd Storage Drive6TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 256MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 1000W RMe SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead, 1.0mm Core)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster® Audigy™ FX
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT

Had it two weeks, it's already been sent back once as it was freezing constantly from day one, and they replaced the CPU and RAM. Now I have this problem, only noticed because I tried to play some heavy games on it that came with the PC (Spiderman and the new Warhammer) - I was actually scared the PC was gonna blow up lol.

Anyway, here's a video (links to my Google Drive, nothing sketchy). I have actually isolated it to one of the GPU fans after cycling through every one in the PC. This seems like a worst case scenario as I am no where near skilled enough to take out a GPU and fix it. To be honest, after spending over £4,500 I am starting to get pretty stressed out with it all at this point. Can anyone help please?

THANKS.
There's something in the path of the fan, a cable or something, you just need to move it.

Thanks for the quick response. The fans are under the GPU, right? How can I see what I am looking for? Pretty new to messing around with the insides of a PC, I can't even see the GPU fans at all.

It looks like it came with its own support bracket, which is why they removed the one from my order, shall I take that off and spin it back up? I will also be able to see the fans better then.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It looks like it came with its own support bracket, which is why they removed the one from my order, shall I take that off and spin it back up? I will also be able to see the fans better then.
Good first place to try, you should be able to see if the support bracket is encroaching on the fans though.

Good first place to try, you should be able to see if the support bracket is encroaching on the fans though.
It's definitely the support bracket. Not the little cable from it though, as that's fan 1 - it's to do with the other two that are coming under fan 2 (one sensor I guess)... I'll put it back, maybe shift it around a little. As it's plugged in and lights up and stuff I'd rather not have to get rid of it. Will post back with any new findings, thanks!

Last edited:
I fixed it. Just had to slide this little bracket thing along literally a couple of mm. Bit sketchy though I guess, as that thing is solid metal. Probably lucky the fan didn't get smashed to pieces? On the bright side, I am getting less scared of the inside of a PC! Very useful forum too, thanks chaps.

Attachments

• 20221119_104006.jpg
    20221119_104006.jpg
    708 KB · Views: 52
  • 20221119_104139.jpg
    20221119_104139.jpg
    574.3 KB · Views: 52

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I fixed it. Just had to slide this little bracket thing along literally a couple of mm. Bit sketchy though I guess, as that thing is solid metal. Probably lucky the fan didn't get smashed to pieces? On the bright side, I am getting less scared of the inside of a PC! Very useful forum too, thanks chaps.
Don't be afraid of the PC internals, the great thing about a custom PC is that you can modify and add components as you go, and PCS have an open chassis policy to allow you to do that without affecting warranty (so long as you don't damage components in the process).

But there's a lot of scare tactics out there to make people think that PC maintenance is more difficult than it actually is. Once you get to the bottom of it, PC building really is just like adult lego. Once you get to know where each component lies and what it does, it becomes quite familiar from one build to another.

And if you need any help, we can offer guidance, or of course, call PCS and they'll happily talk you through stuff as well.