New Ryzen Desktop build

ShutterBug365

Bronze Level Poster
Due to events back in June when I was looking for guidance, life got in the way and then the new releases were imminent so I held off on getting a new desktop.

Currently rocking a home-built PC from late 2010. Have been putting of replacing for a while given that the computer still does pretty much everything I want it to do and boots in around 30 seconds (in fact it’s been used all day every day since early March due to working from home in lockdown). Literally nothing is physically wrong with this it is just showing its age in terms of some of the games I would like are way out of its league, its not really upgradable anymore and it is getting slower as RAW files and Photoshop gets more bloated, I think the time is approaching.

So, usage requirements are to name a few:
  • Photoshop, Lightroom with various plugins and additional software bits
    • HTML programming
    • Python programming
    • Android Studio
    • Other programming as determined by Computer Science degree study
    • Various simulation games (Euro Truck, TS2020, TSWorld, Civilisation - all of which work fine on ultra settings at 2560 x 1440 with my current AMD card which is 10 years old.)
    • Virtual Machines (Hyper-V)
    • Handbrake
I am intending to pair this with the DesignVue Designer Professional Monitor with 32 inch, 4K UHD, 100% sRGB | PD3200U which gets fantastic reviews for photo editing which will account for 90% of the computers use (apart from continuing to work from home that is).

Gaming wise will be minimal, I tend to game more on my laptop which is (or will be) an Ryzen 4800/2060 which I have just ordered.

The highlights of what I have now.

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-930 (2.80GHz)
Memory (RAM)
12GB Triple Channel Ram
Graphics Card
AMD 5770 Graphics
1st Storage Drive
256GB SAMSUNG 830 SERIES SSD
Operating System
WINDOWS 10 PRO

Looking at moving to the following based on some of the guidance I received before. I am not comfortable going AIO at the moment, hard to say what is putting me off - its just I cannot get past the liquid and computer internals for me don't mix. Given the fact that it will be mainly photo-editing I am not going to be maxing the CPU for long periods at a time and given the rave reviews I have seen of the Noctua I think it will be sufficient.

Because it is essentially pre-order I cannot give a link to it as the configurator won't go that far.

In terms of graphics I have downgraded to the 2070 rather than the 3000 series purely for delivery purposes rather than join what seems a long long queue for the 3000 series. Am thinking that the 2070 will cope fine (I hope), although am open to looking at the AMD options when they are released.

Case
CORSAIR 275R AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) – A RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S Ultra Quiet Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Extra Case Fans
2x 120mm Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED (Already have Windows 10 Pro to install)
Warranty
3 Year Platinum Warranty (3 Year Collect & Return, 3 Year Parts, 3 Year labour)

Thanks in advance for all feedback.

Paul