New Samsung Odyssey's.....

keithbeaks

Enthusiast

There are the 27 and 32" G7's. Both discounted from the RRP on the Samsung site.

And here is the 49" G9

My first questions were they seemed cheap for what they were and Scott kindly answered to say yes they were very competitive.

Next question's; what sort of GPU would you be looking at to really get the benefit of these beasts?

Would it be better to wait for the next gen GPU's as a result?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes, I saw this new 240hz G9, it’s an absolute monster!

For the G9 you would need a top tier card, currently 2080ti without question, with the upcoming 3000 series, possibly the 3080 and 3090/3080ti would both be powerful enough.

None of these cards would run it at full 240hz, but that’s the beauty of this monitor, it leaves room to grow.

Certainly for the G9, I would wait for the 3000 series.

For the G7 27”or 32”, I think currently 2070 super and up would be warranted, 2070 super betting around 120fps, 2080ti perhaps around 200 - 220 FPS

keithbeaks

Enthusiast
Thanks as always spydee!!

They just looked great value compared to other monitors of the same class and features. And you can make them vertical, obviously overkill for trading, but there is a chance I make my current PC for gaming next year as well, with the 3000 series in mind, rather than buy a ps5 or the new Xbox.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks as always spydee!!

They just looked great value compared to other monitors of the same class and features. And you can make them vertical, obviously overkill for trading, but there is a chance I make my current PC for gaming next year as well, with the 3000 series in mind, rather than buy a ps5 or the new Xbox.
They're really nice monitors, you'll find that most high end screen panels are in fact Samsungs anyway, so samsung stepping into the high end market can only be a good thing as they'll be able to undercut most other prices.

I want that G9!!! It's in my sights!

keithbeaks

Enthusiast
You lot are pretty much running an IT university on here haha. It's fantastic.

I'm not really one for "stuff" or spending money unnecessarily, probably hard to believe from my PC spec, and I really don't think I could warrant the G9. However as you pointed it out *could* be really great for work and it does look absolutely incredible. If it was £2k+ no way, I'd feel bad tbh. But at that price it's a real possibility. The other possibility is if they reduce the current 49", hard to see how they'll sell many for £1100 or close if the G9 is £1279.

The G7's are such good value. Too good to be true really from the little I know and what you and Scott have both said.

I'll be deep into VR, my friend tells me it's amazing, and pc gaming by Xmas 🙈

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You lot are pretty much running an IT university on here haha. It's fantastic.

I'm not really one for "stuff" or spending money unnecessarily, probably hard to believe from my PC spec, and I really don't think I could warrant the G9. However as you pointed it out *could* be really great for work and it does look absolutely incredible. If it was £2k+ no way, I'd feel bad tbh. But at that price it's a real possibility. The other possibility is if they reduce the current 49", hard to see how they'll sell many for £1100 or close if the G9 is £1279.

The G7's are such good value. Too good to be true really from the little I know and what you and Scott have both said.

I'll be deep into VR, my friend tells me it's amazing, and pc gaming by Xmas 🙈
That's the thing, they'd have to reduce the current G9 as it's a max of 120Hz is it? So that's substantially less powerfull than this beast.

I wouldn't be surprised if they lower the price of that perhaps nearer the £800 mark? That would be a fantastic deal.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Very good for trading ladders and then back to normal for gaming, VR, film's etc

I was more meaning the curved aspect of them. Vertical mount is always good for such uses but a curved monitor is to help with the peripheral view...... mounting it vertically would mess with your brain I think.

keithbeaks

Enthusiast
That's the thing, they'd have to reduce the current G9 as it's a max of 120Hz is it? So that's substantially less powerfull than this beast.

I wouldn't be surprised if they lower the price of that perhaps nearer the £800 mark? That would be a fantastic deal.

Sorry yes its 120Hz and is lesser in a few other ways, the curve and other technical things. I think £800 would be what they might aim for, but it would still seem a bit high maybe.

I might get a 2070S and the 32" G7 now. Then see where we are with GPU's next year and the price of the current 49" ultrawide

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I wouldn't buy any GPU upgrades just now to be honest. It's right around the corner :D

I'd be tempted to buy the monitor at that price right enough. I think it's going to be popular.

keithbeaks

Enthusiast
I wouldn't buy any GPU upgrades just now to be honest. It's right around the corner :D

I'd be tempted to buy the monitor at that price right enough. I think it's going to be popular.

Ok yeah you're right! The 32" is currently unavailable for pre-order I think. I just tried on ebuyer

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
There are loads of leaks happening now about the 3000 series cards and they are set to be quite a huge improvement, I would also hold off, it's only a couple of months away now.

keithbeaks

Enthusiast
Thanks as always. I'll be sensible, save £300+ and stick with 1650S. I have enough screens for now and dont need a GPU for gaming(yet).