New Software or Hardware problem.

Anaklusmos

Hey guys, I just finally got my computer, and to my disappointment it doesn't work. I'm not the best person with computers, so I'm sorry if I get any terminology wrong. I have everything plugged in, monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, I guess I should mention that my mouse is a gaming mouse that has extra buttons, so more than the normal 3 (Left MB, Right MB, and Scroll Wheel) and thus needs software in order to use these buttons, I thought I should mention that because it might be important to what is going wrong with my computer.

So I turn on my computer, I goes through first screen, then the second screen, and then on the third screen it says something to the effect of 'Windows could not start, this could be due to new hardware or software' then it tells me to 'Restart, boot from the installation CD, pick language, and then repair' and below that it says 'If this problem was caused by a loss of power, choose one of the below options, start in safe mode, 3 other variations of safe mode, start from a previous save, start normally'. So I start normally, thinking this was no biggie, gets to the windows screen, two lights appear (by lights, I mean the lights for the windows flag) then it stops for a couple of seconds, then restarts. Starts up again, same thing, so this time I pick safe mode, same thing, two lights, stops for a few seconds, restarts. At this point I was panicking thinking it was a PSU problem, and my PSU wasn't high enough to handle the computer and started panicking. The third time the computer started up, I put in the Windows 7 Installation Disc, and booted from that, I went through the repair function and once it was done, it said it had solved the problem, and auto-restarted, except when it got to the third screen it was exactly the same thing, I thought 'Wonder what's going on' so I started it normally again, two lights, stops, restarts, so I boot from CD again, repair, and this time it said it couldn't repair because something was plugged in, I look at my computer, and the only things plugged in where the basics, as listed above, monitor, speakers, mouse, keyboard, I thought my mouse might be the problem, so I unplugged it, restarted, same problem, I unplugged my speakers, same problem. So I just thought I would stop, because in my stupidity I was most likely doing more damage than good, and I would leave my computer in the hands of people who know what they're doing.

Thanks for reading this, and I hope you can help me.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Try a clean install,Instructions on how to do a clean install are given in the welcome booklet.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Hi mate, sounds like a corrupt install Anak, really sorry to say this but I think a reinstall is the best bet, give it a go if you wish, however if you get stuck hold off till tomorrow and we'll go through it with you.

Anaklusmos

I've just done a clean install, and would like to thank both of you for helping me, you guys are really quick, being on this computer is just so amazing, this company is amazing, and the community is amazing, just wanna say you guys are the best, and I cannot wait to buy from you again. Thanks again for all the help.