New System - comments welcome on spec.

High end sys for intense graphics/video work

FRACTAL DEFINE 7 XL BLACK QUIET TOWER CASE

Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™ i9 24-Core Processor i9-14900K (Up to 6.0GHz) 36MB

Motherboard ASUS® ROG MAXIMUS Z790 DARK HERO (LGA1700, DDR5, PCIe 5.0

Memory (RAM) 96GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 5600MHz (4 x 24GB)

Graphics Card 24GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4090 - HDMI, DP

1st M.2 SSD Drive 4TB SAMSUNG 990 PRO M.2, PCIe 4.0 NVMe

2nd M.2 SSD Drive 4TB SAMSUNG 990 PRO M.2, PCIe 4.0 NVMe

3rd M.2 SSD Drive 4TB SAMSUNG 990 PRO M.2, PCIe 4.0 NVMe

1st Storage Drive 8TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s

2nd Storage Drive 8TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 256MB CACHE

3rd Storage Drive 8TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 256MB CACHE

Power Supply CORSAIR 1500W HXi SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® PLATINUM

Braided Power Supply Cables CORSAIR Premium Individually Sleeved PSU Cable Kit Pro (40 Series)

Processor Cooling CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX XT RGB

Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND

Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Card ONBOARD LAN PORT

USB/Thunderbolt Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT

Firewire 2 Port IEEE 1394a Firewire PCI-E Card (2 x 6 pin)

Operating System Windows 11 Professional 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence

FerrariVie

Super Star
My only feedback is about your ram choice, but since you didn't post the link to configure, I couldn't check what was available. I would recommend getting a higher frequency than 5600, if possible. 6000 would be the minimum, but if there's higher available, even better.

Not a lot to comment really. If you really have the need for such a machine and have the budget, then go for it!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My only feedback is about your ram choice, but since you didn't post the link to configure, I couldn't check what was available. I would recommend getting a higher frequency than 5600, if possible. 6000 would be the minimum, but if there's higher available, even better.

Not a lot to comment really. If you really have the need for such a machine and have the budget, then go for it!
I think over 32Gb, you can only do 5600MHz, the reason for this is over that tends to cause instability over 32Gb at 6000MHz, Asus are particularly affected.

To be honest though, if you really want full available performance from the 14900k, THE ONLY OPTION is to go with a custom loop build, which for equivalent specs is going to bump up the price by another grand. But even with a 360mm Radiator for the kind of workload you're applying the 14900k will thermal throttle heavily.

The other option is to go for an AMD build with 7950X

But we'd need to know your maximum available budget to be able to give advice.

FerrariVie

Super Star
I think over 32Gb, you can only do 5600MHz, the reason for this is over that tends to cause instability over 32Gb at 6000MHz, Asus are particularly affected.

To be honest though, if you really want full available performance from the 14900k, THE ONLY OPTION is to go with a custom loop build, which for equivalent specs is going to bump up the price by another grand. But even with a 360mm Radiator for the kind of workload you're applying the 14900k will thermal throttle heavily.

The other option is to go for an AMD build with 7950X

But we'd need to know your maximum available budget to be able to give advice.
Didn't know about that limitation on ram quantity x speed, so good to know. Have never researched about such huge amounts of ram anyway 😅

Do you known if asus assures that the motherboard he chose accepts 96gb?

Fair comment on the RAM............limited budget so dilemma on where to stop.............ideally you are correct of course.