New to PC gaming...is this any good?

MarcHarisson117

Hi Guys,

I would appreciate any assistance/guidance.

I'm looking to future proof my PC without breaking the bank and ensure games match the PS5 and meet next gen PC requirements (if such a thing). I have researched quite a bit as my spec will hopefully prove but the thing I want to know.....am I missing anything?

Is my spec good enough?, I have listed everything below.

Thanks guys

Case

NZXT H511 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (WHITE)

Processor (CPU)

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Eight Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.4GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)

Get Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla with select AMD Ryzen CPUs

Motherboard

ASUS® ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING (DDR4, USB 3.1, 6Gb/s) - RGB Ready!

Memory (RAM)

16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)

Graphics Card

8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 5700 XT - HDMI, DP - DX® 12

1st Storage Drive

256GB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (500MB/R, 400MB/W)

1st Storage Drive

2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE

Memory Card Reader

USB 3.0 EXTERNAL SD/MICRO SD CARD READER

Power Supply

CORSAIR 650W CV SERIES™ CV-650 POWER SUPPLY

Power Cable

1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)

Processor Cooling

PCS FrostFlow 100 V2 Series High Performance CPU Cooler (AMD)

Thermal Paste

ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND

Extra Case Fans

2x 120mm Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)

Sound Card

Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy™ FX OEM

Wireless/Wired Networking

WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD

USB/Thunderbolt Options

MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Operating System

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Few bits of info required before we can help, please. Can you let us know your maximum budget? What you’ll be using the system for; gaming, streaming, editing etc? And lastly, the make and model of the monitor you’ll be pairing with the build? Many thanks 👍

MarcHarisson117

Can you let us know your maximum budget? £1300/1400 is my budget.

What you’ll be using the system for; gaming, streaming, editing etc? Gaming and Work (Office work like typing up reports, No streaming etc

And lastly, the make and model of the monitor you’ll be pairing with the build? I was going to try using a 4k TV but understand it's not wise to. If really bad then a 144hz one but not sure.

Many thanks 👍🏾👍🏾

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
@SpyderTracks, I’ve never used my TV with a PC, I’ve always been a desk based gamer. Would appreciate your thoughts on this as you’re a screen junkie, what GPU would suit gaming on a 4K TV around OPs budget?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Normal TV's are 60Hz and pretty awful for gaming.

The latest LG and Samsung TV's at the top of the line are 120Hz and include freesync, so they're actually pretty good, but that's on the latest models.

For normal 4k 60Hz on a TV, it's going to be a pretty poor experience with what PC gaming has to offer, and would be generally advised against as monitors are just far more suitable. If you did want to stick to 4k 60Hz, a 3070 would be a good pairing. If it's a 4k 120Hz TV then a 3080 would be needed.

For monitors, the 5700XT would be a 1440p 144Hz card, but it's going to be utterly smashed by the 3060ti which will be announced in October if rumours are correct.

Also AMD are due to announce their upcoming GPU's at the end of October.

Basically I wouldn't buy any of the last gen cards, either nvidia or AMD, they're just going to be expensive and poor performers next to current gen.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Normal TV's are 60Hz and pretty awful for gaming.

The latest LG and Samsung TV's at the top of the line are 120Hz and include freesync, so they're actually pretty good, but that's on the latest models.

For normal 4k 60Hz on a TV, it's going to be a pretty poor experience with what PC gaming has to offer, and would be generally advised against as monitors are just far more suitable. If you did want to stick to 4k 60Hz, a 3070 would be a good pairing. If it's a 4k 120Hz TV then a 3080 would be needed.

For monitors, the 5700XT would be a 1440p 144Hz card, but it's going to be utterly smashed by the 3060ti which will be announced in October if rumours are correct.

Also AMD are due to announce their upcoming GPU's at the end of October.

Basically I wouldn't buy any of the last gen cards, either nvidia or AMD, they're just going to be expensive and poor performers next to current gen.
3FBC26FD-46CE-485A-A686-8AF3B5E33394.gif

MarcHarisson117

Thanks so much for your responses and I will wait for the next gen cards before ordering. I wasn't aware of this news and you are spot on regarding next gen. 😁👍🏾