new vortex 4 cant detect gpu

jacktimson

Silver Level Poster
Just received my new laptop today, started it up and got a bsod.
So I installed windows and that all went fine, tried updating my drivers and kept getting bsods. I then managed to update all the drivers apart from the gpu. I tried letting NVIDIA find my gpu and it cannot locate it?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

jacktimson

Silver Level Poster
It can be located using device manager but not by using NVIDIAS auto detect doesn't. Ive downloaded the drivers and it says I have no compatible device.

jacktimson

Silver Level Poster
I tried using the disc what came, it clicked install drivers and it said it does not support your operating system. I then located them in the folder and installed the nvidia one but it doesn't seem to have done anything.

Getting very frustrated now :/

I installed Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I tried using the disc what came, it clicked install drivers and it said it does not support your operating system. I then located them in the folder and installed the nvidia one but it doesn't seem to have done anything.

Getting very frustrated now :/

I installed Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

I think the drivers you have are for Windows 8, you may need to request PCS for Windows 7 drivers. Not sure if they are available online.

jacktimson

Silver Level Poster
It seems to be working, i finished my windows updates and restarted the laptop and geforce experience now acknowledges i have a 780. Very strange