Next gen console specs

Blackdog

Bright Spark
Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcYLB-RtpOk

Woodys Gamertag posted a video on the upcoming xbox 360/PS4 specs. The PS4 will not be out for Christmas 2013 however his sources stated the PS4 would come with 4gb of ram and a 7970, coming in about the $500 price range. The xbox on the othert hand has double the ram (8gb) and an ATI 8000 series card (though exactly which one I don't know.) According to Woody the pricetag is around $300, which is pretty sick as I'd expect to pay about £250 alone for a shiny new 8000 series card. I expect Microsoft will get my money, though I'm not in a hurry to get in on console gaming too early. So far the only developers with confirmed titles for next year are Ubisoft and Disney, both of whom annoucned Xbox titles for the fourth quarter of 2013. Will you guys be buying these? Do you thing Sony's 4gb of ram will last till circa 2020?

BD

sted

Rising Star
I'll be surprised if this turns out to be the case, I thought Sony would do better than that persoanally. Weird how the PS4 is expected to be around $500 and the Xbox around $300, when the Xbox appears to be getting the better specs.

liamnic2

Super Star
Im with Microsoft. If Sony wants to better their sales they will have to make massive improvements. I bought a PS3 and I sold it after a week, it was just terrible.

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
^ I've got to disagree I really like the PS3 and its exclusive games. The 360 on the other hand doesn't really have anything I want. It's all a matter of opinion though.

liamnic2

Super Star
^ I've got to disagree I really like the PS3 and its exclusive games. The 360 on the other hand doesn't really have anything I want. It's all a matter of opinion though.

Fair enough. I only bought the PS3 for its exclusive games. But I wasnt impressed. The graphics was probably the biggest let down - I saw no difference at all.

adator

Enthusiast
The 360 normally loose money on there console but make it back on the games, personally always preferred Xbox so if I buy one it would be the Xbox although I think i'm hooked on PC gaming instead now :)

Duddy1985

Bronze Level Poster
i used to love the playstaion 1 + 2. Bought the xbox 360 first just because a friend had it and loved it, even if we had to pay for the online access. Then bought the PS3 just for Blu ray and bought a game for it. Hardly ever plated the game (Metal Gear Solid) just used it as a Blu Ray player, infact at the moment the PS3 is gathering dust whilst im still playing the Xbox 360 so i would buy the next gen xbox on release. Even though im starting to get hooked on pc games.

sted

Rising Star
Metal Gear Solid is actually one of the few games I have completed on PS3, come to think of it, could be the only one. I prefer playstation to Xbox personally.

Duddy1985

Bronze Level Poster
Metal Gear Solid is actually one of the few games I have completed on PS3, come to think of it, could be the only one. I prefer playstation to Xbox personally.

Strange because i completed the previous versions but the release on the ps3 i just couldent get into it. So after that i never bought another game for the PS3. I think now its just down to opinion there is not much graphic wise witch sets them aside. But i do think the xbox has some better exclusive releases. GOW is one, foroza another.

at this moment im actually looking for a good racing game like Forza for the PC any ideas???

sted

Rising Star
Sorry, I wouldn't really know myself, don't like racing games all that much, probably because I am terrible at them. GoW, as in God of War, or did you mean something else? I thought it was exclusive to PS3.

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
^ He means Gears of War, they get confused often :p

Fair enough. I only bought the PS3 for its exclusive games. But I wasnt impressed. The graphics was probably the biggest let down - I saw no difference at all.

That's maybe why, you were expecting better graphics on the PS3. Truth is both consoles have the same graphics, and if you look at vids side by side the differences you'll see wouldn't be noticeable when gaming.

But i do think the xbox has some better exclusive releases. GOW is one, foroza another.

I think it depends on the type of games you like. I really like adventure and story-driven games so the fact that Infamous, Uncharted, God of War, Heavy rain, the upcoming Last of Us and Beyond 2 Souls are PS3 exclusives makes it a no-brainer for me.

Even though I'd like to play Halo and GoW, I wouldn't buy an Xbox for them.

Duddy1985

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah i meant gears of war. I suppose it does depend on the type of games you like. I played COD on both the xbox and pc. The graphics were better on the pc but i still enjoy the xbox. I do like First person shooters, not found many really good ones for the PC yet but i am enjoying Hitman.

Im starting to do a "U" turn, I started off with PC gaming then went to Consoles but now i travel too much so now Laptop gaming. I do use the xbox the few times im home.

Even so i would buy the new xbox when it comes out.

LFFPicard

Godlike
for me its odd, i prefer the feel of the PS3 controller, it's easier to hold and most sensible layout.

Also the 360 requires a paid live account simply to use netflix or lovefilm on their console, the PS3 does not.
I simply refuse to pay a lovefilm subscription and then have to pay for xbox live just to use it.