No Audio from headphones

E Markwick

Once again another technical issue with my laptop, and I'm not even surprised or angry anymore.

Basically for the last 3 days sound has been playing through my speakers, but not the headphone port. There's no headphone option in the sound menu, and i've updated all my audio related drivers numerous times. Even when I have uninstalled realtek and restarted it, the audio works through the headphones then, but only for that session. If I close the lid and restart it it doesn't work and wouldn't work again doing it the same way this morning. SOmetimes the headphone option will appear in the playback devices menu but it doesn't work even when it says that is the selected option.

I'm not sending it back to PCS because it will take a month and in my experience won't even be fixed.

Halp pls

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Once again another technical issue with my laptop, and I'm not even surprised or angry anymore.

Basically for the last 3 days sound has been playing through my speakers, but not the headphone port. There's no headphone option in the sound menu, and i've updated all my audio related drivers numerous times. Even when I have uninstalled realtek and restarted it, the audio works through the headphones then, but only for that session. If I close the lid and restart it it doesn't work and wouldn't work again doing it the same way this morning. SOmetimes the headphone option will appear in the playback devices menu but it doesn't work even when it says that is the selected option.

I'm not sending it back to PCS because it will take a month and in my experience won't even be fixed.

Halp pls

Well making comments like that isn't the most effective way to get people on here to help you.

What OS are you using? And could you post your full spec please? Is this a recent problem or have you never had sound from the headphones since you got it? Have you made any software or driver changes recently (apart from the Realtek ones you've done as problem determination)?

E Markwick

Well making comments like that isn't the most effective way to get people on here to help you.

What OS are you using? And could you post your full spec please? Is this a recent problem or have you never had sound from the headphones since you got it? Have you made any software or driver changes recently (apart from the Realtek ones you've done as problem determination)?

I wouldn't make comments like that unless I had sent it back paying for and expecting repairs and upgrades totaling over £110, getting it back 3-4 weeks later and finding out almost all of what I paid for had not been done. But it has happened to me, which is why I have no trust that sending it back would work out well for me.

I upgraded to the a new Windows 10 update at the start of the week, but that was just after I started having the issue.

props.JPG

Image of my specs from the properties tab, gfx card is a GTX960 not that that would make a difference.

Sometimes the headphones work from a shut down/restart, most of the time they don't.

Can't even take the battery out of this thing without taking it apart.

Which I'm tempted to tbh.

With a sledgehammer.