No Display Signal

wildey89

Hi,

I have an issue once every 2-3 weeks were the PC will beep 3 times on boot and the amber light will remain on. The fans and everything are on but I get no display signal. Last time this happened (today) I turned it back on quickly and got the same issue - I then waited a few minutes before the next boot and it worked fine. I haven't had any crashes whilst the system is on and I've certainly put it through its paces with games at this point. Any ideas?

Cheers

Case
COOLERMASTER MASTERCASE H500 ARGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Six Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.6GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
12GB AMD RADEON™ RX 6700 XT - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™

Last edited:

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Do you turn your monitor on before you start the PC? Some builds don’t like it if they can’t see a monitor when they start up.

wildey89

Most of the time I do (I think). I will keep this in mind. It's connected via HDMI atm if that matters as I'm using an older monitor.

Thanks

Bigfoot

Grand Master
You could try an experiment and deliberately leave your monitor turned off while starting the pc and see if that replicates the symptoms. It appears that sometimes you may have the monitor turned off when starting up and might account for the apparent random nature of waht you are seeing.

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
I've seen this issue only with Samsung G5 monitor connected and when the connected cable isn't selected on the monitor.

wildey89

Hi,

It's happened again. I left the monitor off on multiple occasions during boot and couldn't replicate the problem until today. The monitor was off when it happened today. I also reinstalled the GPU drivers using DDU as advised by the guys at PCS a few weeks ago and thought that'd fixed the problem, but apparently not. Do you think this could be a BIOS issue?

Cheers

Citrus_9

Expert
Worth to get a new HDMI cable if the monitor doesn't support DP and try with it. Also, make sure there are no loose connections: unplug and plug in a monitor cable at the monitor, also at the PC tower, make sure it's connected to the GPU, not motherboard in the back.

Make sure GPU cables inside the box are connected and aren't loose.

Always keep a monitor power button on, even when a PC is off, never turn a monitor power button off.

wildey89

Thanks for the help. I will try what you said and will keep the monitor on from now on and see if the problem reoccurs. I would also like to try DP connectivity but don't have the money for a new monitor right now.

Cheers