no graphics card. in pain pls help

foxglove

hi! i ordered my pc 27 days ago (March 14th), and stopped getting updates on its progress about a week after. this week, i emailed them asking about its status and was told yesterday they have not even begun the build as the graphics card i chose, the gtx 1650 super, is out of stock now. All PCS is saying is i should instead upgrade to the gtx 1660 super, which is €191 more expensive. I'm just disappointed that it has taken this long to be told that i will not be getting my PC in time, and now I'm wondering if i should just cancel my order and get a refund as this new graphics card is out of my budget and the whole thing is now very delayed. any suggestions ?

Ash_

Master Poster
How much more is the RX570?

Edit: just noticed that isn’t an option either. How about 1650 super?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
hi! i ordered my pc 27 days ago (March 14th), and stopped getting updates on its progress about a week after. this week, i emailed them asking about its status and was told yesterday they have not even begun the build as the graphics card i chose, the gtx 1650 super, is out of stock now. All PCS is saying is i should instead upgrade to the gtx 1660 super, which is €191 more expensive. I'm just disappointed that it has taken this long to be told that i will not be getting my PC in time, and now I'm wondering if i should just cancel my order and get a refund as this new graphics card is out of my budget and the whole thing is now very delayed. any suggestions ?
You could order with a basic GT 710 just for video output and then source your own GPU from somewhere else.

foxglove

How much more is the RX570?

Edit: just noticed that isn’t an option either. How about 1650 super?
SPECS.png
heres my current specs, that's what I originally had I think but it's out of stock now

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
oh really?? 0: I was advised that this would be good for upgrades, could you give me some advice on the issues with it?
It can't fit any upgrades, out of support mobo, unsuitable case, no space on the PSU, very slow RAM that will bottleneck the system due to speed and low quanitity, won't be able to fit anything on the primary M2 as too small for modern system, 12 year old wifi card that doesn't support modern standards.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It can't fit any upgrades, out of support mobo, unsuitable case, no space on the PSU, very slow RAM that will bottleneck the system due to speed and low quanitity, won't be able to fit anything on the primary M2 as too small for modern system, 12 year old wifi card that doesn't support modern standards.
Reminds me of my favourite line from Apollo 13: "what do we have on this spacecraft that's good?"...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
oof is it really that bad for a budget pc?
It's a throwaway PC, will last a year or so before you have to replace the whole thing.

It defeats the purpose of getting a custom build entirely, that it has a strong platform that can handle upgrades and last about 7 - 10 years.

As such, it's actually far more expensive than spending slightly more and getting something worthwhile.

For that reason, it wouldn't be something that would be recommended at all, it would be poor performance in the first place with zero upgradability.

foxglove

It's a throwaway PC, will last a year or so before you have to replace the whole thing.

It defeats the purpose of getting a custom build entirely, that it has a strong platform that can handle upgrades and last about 7 - 10 years.

As such, it's actually far more expensive than spending slightly more and getting something worthwhile.

For that reason, it wouldn't be something that would be recommended at all, it would be poor performance in the first place with zero upgradability.
so should i just scrap this build and wait to get something better? or are there parts i can replace to make it worth the buy? im not looking for anything outlandish, just something that can run adobe software decently

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
so should i just scrap this build and wait to get something better? or are there parts i can replace to make it worth the buy? im not looking for anything outlandish, just something that can run adobe software decently
It’s not upgradeable, so would be pointless buying.

definitely get advice on something more suitable.