No internet after adding Samsung 1TB

Hello I've recently got a new SSD for my Gaming Laptop however once I had it all set up there's no wireless connection to the internet, I've done a troubleshoot but nothing seems to come up. I checked the original internal hard drive my laptop came with and it's all fine but not with the new one. I assume there's drivers missing that I need to install but unsure where to find them, any ideas? Thanks

Internal Hard drive:
1TB Samsung 860 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)

Laptop Specs:
Optimus Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 9750H (2.6GHz, 4.5GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (1 x 16GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti - 6.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive128GB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (500MB/R, 400MB/W)
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
First thing I'd do is put the old drive back and see whether the WiFi works then? I think it's more likely you've disconnected something, the antenna perhaps?

First thing I'd do is put the old drive back and see whether the WiFi works then? I think it's more likely you've disconnected something, the antenna perhaps?

I've checked the original hard drive and that works perfectly fine, I'll double check the antenna to be sure, I also checked the drivers under network but nothing mentioning wireless pops up

barlew

Godlike
The SSD has replaced a drive

And you put the old drive back in and it worked fine?
*edit you already answered the question. It does sound like you are missing the drivers. Windows should install it automatically through Windows update. Failing that if you login to the PCS website, go to your account, click on Tech Support and then Download.
If you select your operating system all of the certified drivers for your laptop will be listed there.

Install the wireless driver and let us know what happens?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
When you installed the SSD how did you reinstall Windows? Did you do a clean install from bootable media or did you use a tool to clone the old drive and restore that image to the SSD?

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
If it works with the old drive and not the new, and the WiFi card isn't even showing then as well as the WiFi adaptor driver, I'd be looking at possibly adding the chipset drivers.

Windows is usually pretty good at sorting these things out but occasionally doesn't get everything quite right.

When you installed the SSD how did you reinstall Windows? Did you do a clean install from bootable media or did you use a tool to clone the old drive and restore that image to the SSD?
Think I just found a windows installer from the main Microsoft website with the original drive and used that then transferred that onto a USB stick for the new one to work if that makes sense

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Think I just found a windows installer from the main Microsoft website with the original drive and used that then transferred that onto a USB stick for the new one to work if that makes sense
So you've reinstalled windows from scratch which means you need to install drivers. You'll need to connect it via cable to the router and let windows update install drivers. You'll have to manually run windows update until there's nothing left to install, then try connecting wifi again.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Yep that makes sense. As SpyderTracks says you need to run Windows Update repeatedly (even across reboots) to install the necessary drivers. If your WiFi doesn't work at all, cable connect to the router to install the drivers.

Thanks for all the replies. Searched up the drivers that was on the original hard drive, downloaded the drivers and Internet works. Thanks again