No Man's Sky

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Given the release of Starfield, I wholly assumed it may be the death of No Man's Sky, or certainly they'd see a significant drop in playerbase.

But no, quite the opposite, they're seeing their strongest numbers ever these past few weeks. They have just added some pretty significant new content.

I wonder if a lot of people on slightly older systems wanted some kind of space game, and realised they wouldn't be able to run Starfield until they upgrade, so No Man's Sky was a good alternative to see them through.

I always thought this game shot above it's mark, they had a tiny dev team up to launch, I mean literally talking 5 or 6 people, what they managed to pull off (even if the launch wasn't as they'd suggested) was quite frankly incredible, and the continued development I've been hearing has just continued to be strong and considered.

I thought we should have a dedicated thread on it, doesn't look like the game is giving up just yet

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Given the release of Starfield, I wholly assumed it may be the death of No Man's Sky, or certainly they'd see a significant drop in playerbase.

But no, quite the opposite, they're seeing their strongest numbers ever these past few weeks. They have just added some pretty significant new content.

I wonder if a lot of people on slightly older systems wanted some kind of space game, and realised they wouldn't be able to run Starfield until they upgrade, so No Man's Sky was a good alternative to see them through.

I always thought this game shot above it's mark, they had a tiny dev team up to launch, I mean literally talking 5 or 6 people, what they managed to pull off (even if the launch wasn't as they'd suggested) was quite frankly incredible, and the continued development I've been hearing has just continued to be strong and considered.

I thought we should have a dedicated thread on it, doesn't look like the game is giving up just yet
They're both fun games in their different ways. No Man's Sky is more about the exploration side of space, while Starfield is very much an RPG. I've gone beyond 53 hours with Starfield, although that will slow down now as I'm aware I get burned out of games quite easily and that much time in 1 single game in 2 weeks is heavy going - will probably be doing 5 to 10 or so hours per week going forward, as I look to keep other games in the backlog moving. No Man's Sky I've got about 20 hours into as although it's enjoyable, it didn't hook me in as fully as Starfield did as a game with a much more focussed story than NMS. That's the joy of video games though - trying different genres to see what clicks!