No Media Present on BOOT

danielsuk

I went to switch on the computer today and I'm now taken into the UEFI Bios after an error appears "No media present".

Nothing has changed and the computer hasn't been moved lately, I'm assuming the primary hard drive has failed which is unual for a computer that's only a year old.

I've checked out the boot options, I only see the options in the screen shot, I've tried all of them to test.

CaseCOOLERMASTER MASTERCASE H500 ARGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i9 14 Core Processor i9-10940X (3.3GHz) 19.25MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II: ATX, USB 3.2, SATA 6 GB/s, Wi-Fi AC - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 - HDMI, DP
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 8GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3070 Ti - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st M.2 SSD Drive2TB CORSAIR MP400 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (up to 3480 MB/R, 3000 MB/W)
down_right_arrow.gif
Partitions: 2000GB
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H100x Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound CardONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardNOT REQUIRED
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 18.37.40-min.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 18.37.40-min.jpg
    469.7 KB · Views: 45

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Looks like it might have failed. One thing to try is to remove it from current M.2 slot to another and make sure it’s secure. If it doesn’t show in bios after move it’s failed and you’ll need to RMA it to PCS if under warranty, or Corsair maybe too.

danielsuk

Looks like it might have failed. One thing to try is to remove it from current M.2 slot to another and make sure it’s secure. If it doesn’t show in bios after move it’s failed and you’ll need to RMA it to PCS if under warranty, or Corsair maybe too.
Thanks for the response.

I'm just looking inside the chassis, nothing seems to be an obvious M2 slot. Would it be normal have to remove the graphics to get to the M2?

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You need to unscrew the heat sink that covers them:
1668422521135.png

My bet is the drive is installed in the top slot currently, so unscrew the heatsink that covers it to access. You many need to remove the GPU if it overlaps the heatsink.