No operating system

MrXT

Can you not order a new laptop without adding an OS, if not then why is there even an option to remove it from the build. Its not very custom if you cant remove that option then is it. I already own windows 10 on multiple systems and dont need another key. Can i sent an existing key for them to register when they build the laptop?

Rakk

The Awesome
Yes you can order without the OS, they will put an unactivated version of Win10 Home on it for testing purposes so if you want Win10 Pro installed for examples you will have to install that yourself.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Hmm? You can easily order any PCS system without an OS.

It will likely ship with an unactivated version of Windows 10 on there that they used to install the drivers and test the thing actually works before sending it to you, but you can just activate it with your own licence or format and do your own installation with your own media and licence.

What's the issue preventing you from ordering without an OS?

Is there an error message you get? If so, could you post a screenshot of what pops up? (or post a link to a screenshot you upload elsewhere if the forum doesn't let you post them directly).

Last edited:

steaky360

Im getting an error saying i cant order this configuration without an OS.

What system are you trying to order?

You need to double check you've said you don't need any additional software and also don't need any recovery media otherwise you'll get an error from the configurator.