No sound from computor

Samhall

I recently bought a new computer and it cant detect any speakers or headphones i plug in.
Ive tried updating and reinstalling the drivers and nothing seems to work it wont even find them.
under device manager in sound and game controllers it says i have NVIDIA HD audio and under system stuff it says i have two HD audio controllers none of them have any yellow warning signs although under other devices there are two unknown devices but they are still there when i unplug my speakers so i dont think its them.
I have a ASUS F2A55m motherboard and ONBOARD 8CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO sound card
ive been trying to get it working for days so any help would be appreciated.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Make sure the correct device is set as default in sound panel.
Right click on the sound icon on right of task bar/select playback devices,
or go to control panel/sound/select "playback tab"/
right click device/set as default device/apply.

Samhall

Tried that but the only two things there were unplugged hdmi plugs, no devices and i tried looking for disabled devices nothing as well.
im gonna buy a cheap sound card to see if my onboard audio failed, thanks for the reply btw.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Tried that but the only two things there were unplugged hdmi plugs, no devices and i tried looking for disabled devices nothing as well.
im gonna buy a cheap sound card to see if my onboard audio failed, thanks for the reply btw.
Looks like a driver problem.
as you say you have already tried reinstalling drivers I would advise you give PCS a call,if that's where you purchased the computer.