NO WIFI Or Bluetooth

salg04086

Silver Level Poster
Hello Folks,

I hope you are all well.

Please see specs below : -

My pc was working absolutely fine gaming, then I shutdown the system for the evening.

Next day I start windows normally, no internet showing on my PC.

No wireless adaptor showing at all, despite, even loading a new copy of windows (10 or 11) pro, the wireless adaptor would not show in windows.

The wifi antenna from Asus was attached at all times, and I am using the inbuilt wifi on my motherboard.

I also checked Bios and both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled in bios, ( i have not made any changes in bios) other than for TPM when I upgraded to windows 11.

I have also tried the WIFI adaptor in windows 10 as well, same issue.

Also tried to update windows using USB stick with Drivers from Asus for the network adaptor after taking advise from PCS.

Drivers cannot be installed, neither device is recognised in device manager (checked hidden devices), both are set to enabled in the BIOS.

Question - could this be the motherboard itself as the WIFI adaptor is built in? is this very common?

I have sent the pc back for an RMA so that this can be investigated, but just wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue before?

Appreciate your thoughts...

CaseCORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 Core CPU (3.4GHz-4.9GHz/72MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB Ready!
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO WIFI (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 12GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 Ti - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
1st Storage Drive6TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5400RPM, 256MB CACHE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 6TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 256MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
External DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNONE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 6x Slim USB 2.0 External Blu-Ray Writer
Power SupplyCORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H100i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NONE
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's very strange, it does sound like the wifi module on the motherboard may have failed.

This is extremely rare generally on motherboards, but may be particular to this model, and would normally point to other issues with this particular board, so it may be a blessing in disguise that it's shown it's head early on.

I believe it's an AX200 chip on that board

There are a few reddit threads with the same symptoms, and they swapped the board out for a replacement and it's been working fine since, perhaps there was just a bad batch of them with flaky AX200's for whatever reason (badly soldered or something).

salg04086

Silver Level Poster
That's very strange, it does sound like the wifi module on the motherboard may have failed.

This is extremely rare generally on motherboards, but may be particular to this model, and would normally point to other issues with this particular board, so it may be a blessing in disguise that it's shown it's head early on.

I believe it's an AX200 chip on that board

There are a few reddit threads with the same symptoms, and they swapped the board out for a replacement and it's been working fine since, perhaps there was just a bad batch of them with flaky AX200's for whatever reason (badly soldered or something).

Thanks Spyder Tracks, I am glad its not just me going mad then!!!

salg04086

Silver Level Poster
Hello David689

Yes I am running Windows 10, or Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, thanks for pointing out the thread. I can confirm that I had already taken my pc off sleep mode, as I mostly use my pc for running virtual machines, plus gaming, I work from home as well, so the PC is alway's running unless I switch off before going to bed