No wifi?

Datguy5

So i just started my new computer for the first time, but i can't seem to find my wifi. Why is this?

Rakk

The Awesome
It would be helpful if you could actually show your spec for us to be able to help.

Though looking at your Spec check threads it looked like you chose:
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
which as it shows does not include Wifi - unless you changed this.

Datguy5

Whoops, i might have missed that. Ohh thats annoying. Is it possible to change this somehow or should i just use an ethernet cable?

Rakk

The Awesome
Whoops, i might have missed that. Ohh thats annoying. Is it possible to change this somehow or should i just use an ethernet cable?

You could get yourself a WiFi card and install it yourself, or go for something like homeplugs (they use the electrical circuits in your house as a network - though if you're going to be changing between the UK and Finland as I think you've mentioned before you may need a UK set and EU set), or I believe you can also get WiFi USB dongles.
Or yes you could just use and ethernet cable :)

Last edited:

Datguy5

I feel like if i try to install something new inside the computer it would just break. But if its the best option i might consider it. Where would you recommend me to get a new card? Also, whats a wifi usb dongle? Also, where is the card located? And i live in Finland not in the Uk.

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
You can order the card direct from PCS although an extra delivery charge will be included (£6 last time I used it). Once you receive it they would be more than happy to talk you through the installation process over the phone if you are able to do so. Or they may be able to send some instructions via email. If not there will always be a YouTube video explaining how to do it.

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
I would just get homeplugs, they're quicker and more reliable than wifi, plus you won't have to open up the pc if you're worried about it :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
They will work pretty much anywhere providing they aren't running through surge protectors, a standard multi plug adaptor can also deteriorate performance somewhat although not by much usually.

Rakk

The Awesome
I think i'll order a new card. But how do i do this? I thought they don't sell separate parts.

PCS do sell separate components once you are a customer already (which you are now) - you can probably order it from the upgrade section.