Noctua branches out into the home

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So a new range from Noctua has been released targeting the home market.

so things like desk fans.

Prices are crazy, BUT, there are some areas I can see potential.

I have a class A Valve amp, it gets seriously hot, the drawback of class A is that it’s always putting out maximum power, doesn’t adjust based on volume, and if the volume doesn’t require that power, the excess is basically disposed of as heat. It’s in an audio rack with glass shelves that are thermally and acoustically treated, but I’d still like some solid airflow passing through the valves and transformers.

With noctuas reputation for low noise and high volume, this may be a really good application for it, so I may well try a coupe out.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
So a new range from Noctua has been released targeting the home market.

so things like desk fans.

Prices are crazy, BUT, there are some areas I can see potential.

I have a class A Valve amp, it gets seriously hot, the drawback of class A is that it’s always putting out maximum power, doesn’t adjust based on volume, and if the volume doesn’t require that power, the excess is basically disposed of as heat. It’s in an audio rack with glass shelves that are thermally and acoustically treated, but I’d still like some solid airflow passing through the valves and transformers.

With noctuas reputation for low noise and high volume, this may be a really good application for it, so I may well try a coupe out.

homer likes the idea, desk fans can always have room for improvement

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Good take by Der8auer

As per this thread, the upcoming NH-D15 second gen fan was in development for 8 years. My last PC I built in 2014, originally I had 2 original NH-D15s on the radiator of an H100i, because I’d used noctua for years and loved their performance. It was 2 years later that Corsair released their ML (magnetic levitation) fans, and they were so good in both air force, pressure, plus the added RGB element while still being whisper quiet, plus included with the new craze of an AIO.

then suddenly, case manufacturers who’d always put in bog standard mass produced Chinese fans into cases started putting effort into their fan design, and again, the RGB craze kicked off and now cases were all about rgb.

I have a feeling Noctua may be struggling to recoup not only their market share, which I’m sure by now is extremely niche to stealth builds and some professional applications, but also likely significant R&D costs that have gone into this new fan fin design.

These prices do seem a little nuts, will their reputation be enough to see them through.