Non secure website problem (win7/chrome)

colin20

Hi guys, recently my computer (win7 with chrome browser) has been showing up non-secure websites when before they were all secure websites. This means a 'your connection is not private' page comes up , see photo below. This means two things, I can press the advanced button and a new button is available to go to the website unsecure. That is fine as I can get into the website, but other websites when I press advanced button, no button comes up to go to unsecure website, so I cannot get into the website at all, see photo below with twitch.TV website, I cannot get in to it at all.
Every week some secure websites I have been on for years, are now becoming insecure.

Is there a way of bypassing this insecure stuff, so I can get on all the websites I want? Thanks Colin.

4MwyukK.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi guys, recently my computer (win7 with chrome browser) has been showing up non-secure websites when before they were all secure websites. This means a 'your connection is not private' page comes up , see photo below. This means two things, I can press the advanced button and a new button is available to go to the website unsecure. That is fine as I can get into the website, but other websites when I press advanced button, no button comes up to go to unsecure website, so I cannot get into the website at all, see photo below with twitch.TV website, I cannot get in to it at all.
Every week some secure websites I have been on for years, are now becoming insecure.

Is there a way of bypassing this insecure stuff, so I can get on all the websites I want? Thanks Colin.

4MwyukK.jpg
You've almost certainly got a virus. A clean windows install is rge best way forward.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And when you do that upgrade to W10
Oh God, well that explains it.

Windows 7 is completely out of support, which means you're not getting any security updates, and haven't been since January 2020.

You undoubtedly have a very very nasty infection and have done for some time.

You NEED to upgrade to windows 10, Windows 7 can't be used on the internet at all, no virus software can protect it because the operating system itself is fully unprotected.

colin20

Thanks for your quick replies, it looks as though I will have to splash out on a win10 machine. Just before I do, can you tell me when I proceed to advance button, why sometimes like the twitch.TV website (above photo), nothing comes up for me to proceed there, yet this unsecure website below (see photo) has a link to the website (unsafe), so I can get to the website. Why does this link not come up to proceed to all unsafe websites? I just do not understand this.
4MI5s0Z.jpg

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You can upgrade your present machine to W10 for free as described here

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for your quick replies, it looks as though I will have to splash out on a win10 machine. Just before I do, can you tell me when I proceed to advance button, why sometimes like the twitch.TV website (above photo), nothing comes up for me to proceed there, yet this unsecure website below (see photo) has a link to the website (unsafe), so I can get to the website. Why does this link not come up for all unsafe websites? I just do not understand this.
4MI5s0Z.jpg
Without going too into details, chrome is keeping you safe. The site you're being directed to is not the site you're intending to go to, as such, it has no valid certificate.

If you continued you'd likely be entering your details into some harvesting site.

But there's very likely keyloggers, DNS reroutes and even proxies on the pc by now so all your traffic will have been harvested anyway.

colin20

Thanks I never keep or send any personal details or on-line bank stuff on this computer anyway. So not too worried about that. Had this win7 computer for many years, so its time to get a newer machine, and start fresh.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Without going too into details, chrome is keeping you safe. The site you're being directed to is not the site you're intending to go to, as such, it has no valid certificate.
If Windows 7 is not receiving updates, which it's not, then it's not getting the normal root certificate updates either. That's most likely why this is happening - and it's only going to get worse.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Before you splash out on what could be an expensive new PC just to get Windows 10 (PC components are very expensive at the moment), just try a clean install of W10 on your current machine.

Even if the current PC is really old and slow, it probably won't be any slower on W10 than it is on W7.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You can upgrade your present machine to W10 for free as described here

Before you splash out on what could be an expensive new PC just to get Windows 10 (PC components are very expensive at the moment), just try a clean install of W10 on your current machine.

Even if the current PC is really old and slow, it probably won't be any slower on W10 than it is on W7.
I suggested that here