Nova manual - upgradable cpu?

demon28

Bronze Level Poster
Hello Everyone,

I am about to purchase a Nova laptop. So far I have not been able to find a manual online so I was wondering if anyone know where/if I can get one?
Also one of the reason i decided to go with the Nova is because I read somewhere that the CPU can be upgraded as the laptop uses desktop socket. I have been able to confirm this for a similar models ( such as Clevo NH57AF1) but not for this specific one so I was wondering if someone can shed some light on this

All Best,
Orestis

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello Everyone,

I am about to purchase a Nova laptop. So far I have not been able to find a manual online so I was wondering if anyone know where/if I can get one?
Also one of the reason i decided to go with the Nova is because I read somewhere that the CPU can be upgraded as the laptop uses desktop socket. I have been able to confirm this for a similar models ( such as Clevo NH57AF1) but not for this specific one so I was wondering if someone can shed some light on this

All Best,
Orestis
Best to ask PCS for a manual.

The CPU will be upgradeable (it's a desktop cpu and not soldered on), so you'll be able to use any of the 3000's and likely the 4000's as well.

demon28

Bronze Level Poster
I have just got a reply from PCS. They said that they cannot provide a manual as it contains information that clevo does not want them to disclose. I did get my hands on the clevo manual for my Optimus VI, so I suppose clevo release the manuals for some of its laptops?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have just got a reply from PCS. They said that they cannot provide a manual as it contains information that clevo does not want them to disclose. I did get my hands on the clevo manual for my Optimus VI, so I suppose clevo release the manuals for some of its laptops?
That seems very odd, a user manual is a standard part of any laptop, without one how do you know where the ports and case panels are?

Do you know who you spoke with? I might raise this with the site Admins to see if we can get a different response, I'll get back to you on this.

demon28

Bronze Level Poster
That seems very odd, a user manual is a standard part of any laptop, without one how do you know where the ports and case panels are?

Do you know who you spoke with? I might raise this with the site Admins to see if we can get a different response, I'll get back to you on this.
This is the full reply I got:
" I regret to inform you that we cannot provide you with a full manual for this Chassis as Clevo themselves prevent us from passing on this information as it does contain information they do not wish to disclose, we can pass certain information across for things like removing RAM and adding additional drives, but other than that we do have to adhere to their terms."

Not being able to get my hands on the full manual for my laptop seem a bit odd . If I am honest I am a bit curious to know what is so secretive about it
By the way I spoke with Chris Harris

Thanks a lot for your help!