Now, I Wait.

MrRaich

Silver Level Poster
So, ordered my PC from PCS yesterday. Super exited for it! I'm guessing you'll be interested to see my Specs as this is the 'show off your PC' section. Carry on reading after the listed Specs for future plans! Thanks!

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF 922 MID TOWER GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2600 Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics

Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO: USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, NVIDIA® SLI™, ATI® CrossFireX™

Memory (RAM)
4GB KINGSTON HYPER-X SPECIAL EDITION GREY - DDR3 1600MHz (2 x 2GB KIT)

Graphics Card
NONE, I ALREADY HAVE A GRAPHICS CARD

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
750GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD7502AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W TX SERIES (TX850) 80+ ULTRA QUIET PSU (£99)

Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£19)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD (£19)

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)

Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL

Mouse
LOGITECH® G500 LASER GAMING MOUSE (£48)

Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days

So, there is my beautiful PC!

As you probably noticed, I choose not to get a graphics card from PCS. I want the GTX 570 but I also want the GTX 580! Since the GTX 580 is out of my price range, I thought I'd go with the SuperClocked EVGA GTX 570. Next October I plan to buy another EVGA GTX 570 and have them in SLI. I'm sure one 570 will play any games maxed-out along with the i7 for the next year or so.

I plan to buy an SSD this October and a Blu-Ray player too. I can live without them 'till then!

Any comments would be appreciated!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Fingers crossed for a swift process.

Good to see some planning involved :D

The joy of the PC...buy what you can now, and upgrade later!

kulsan

Not sure if im being a n00b or not but in the P8z68-v pro mobo manual it states 1 x asus usb 3.0 bracket - its not on the PC and not in the box of bits only got 1 Serial ATA 3.0 cable instead of 2? Also the case i have Fractal R3 states Fan controller included - whats it look like and is it inside? apart from that im pretty impress with the beast :D

sanj

Hello,the usb3 bracket will be only fitted if it's possible to do so,if it is'nt it should be in the welcome pack,please ring our call centre and i'm sure someone will sort it for you,also regarding the sata cable's,we only include cable's which are left over from building your pc as i'm sure we used a couple when putting your pc together!Finally regarding the fan controller,if you look at the back of your case where the pci/pci-e slot's are you'll see a plate with a silver knob/dial which is used to control the speed of all fan's within the case,it should be there as this is standard fitment on all the fractal case's we put together.

Rakk

The Awesome
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Consider upping to the silver warranty, it's only a fiver and changes the return and collect to a year instead of just a month :)

MrRaich

Silver Level Poster
I can buy another ATA 3.0 cable right? I don't know as much as I probably should.. What does it mean if it only has 1 x ASUS USB 3.0 brackets? Does that mean I won't be able to have the cards in SLI?

MrRaich

Silver Level Poster
I have, Thanks anyway! I bought the PC on a different computer, and I forgot to fill it in. :)