number of hours gaming on your laptop ?

Ninjax

Bronze Level Poster
hi all, just wondered if some could give general hours of gaming use + heat /etc... experienced from this ??
I know on a desktop pc, most of the friends I know can easily hit 12hrs of straight gaming ....
very courious to know ... ;-)

Well the FM 13 Beta came out last week, Steam is telling me I've managed 80 hours on it, I have my laptop on a cooling stand (Coolermaster U3) its standing up pretty well, the CPU side is warm to touch but not excessively so. without a cooling stand I would be at risk of burns. Cooling stands are your friend.

Ninjax

Bronze Level Poster
he he, ty , will have to consider one for the future , how many hrs do u play at one sitting ? and wot laptop do u have ?

Wake

Silver Level Poster
With this one - 4570 AMD processor etc - frequently game on WoW for 9 hours at a time in hotels around eastern Europe and Asia - I am a bit worried whether the Optimus IV can cope with my habit tbh

Wake

Silver Level Poster
Something very sad I have to admit - I am off round my regions for a few meetings and will be taking this laptop, my works laptop and the new Optimus....just in case the Optimus messes up I can still play on this one:) - that's about 12 kilos of gear in my backpack:(

currently I'm on a Dell Studio 15 Core 2 Duo, 4 Gb RAM, Integrated Graphics. Next week, however, I better be on an Optimus IV.

I had it running for 14 hours the other day set it to holiday indefinitely over night and had Azureus open too, when I checked it the following morning the temperature wasn't noticeably higher than what I've previously stated.