nvidia 3d and ati 69 series

infernocy

Silver Level Poster
is it better to by one card from the nvidia 5 series with 3d or one of 6950 or 6970
i know that you need the classes to see 3d but i mean you will have the option to see 3d

Last edited:

Meds

If you want 3D, then you will need to order the following;

- 3D Ready Graphics Card
- nVidia 3D Vision Kit
- 3D Ready/Enabled Monitor

There is a button on the 3D Vision Kit which enables/disables 3D. It's a lot of kit just to play games in 3D so it might be worth buying in stages. Order the 3D Ready GPU in your PC now, then save for the Monitor/3D Kit?

infernocy

Silver Level Poster
lets say you dont use 3d , is card 3d ready like 560ti better than ati 6950?

Last edited:

Ansab001

Bronze Level Poster
go for the gtx580 if you can afford it only need one and imo is one of the best cards out their. the Amd radeon HD6950 is good as well. I say go for the cheaper one if your saving pennies for the 3d kit. Also their are plenty of other cards that are HD ready that give good performance it depends on your budget and preference.

Meds

As the guys say above, the HD6950 is a better GPU than the GTX560Ti in terms of graphical performance, but it's not 3D Ready. You need to decide how important having a 3D Ready Graphics Card is, if it's not too important then the HD 6950 would be the better choice in that price bracket.

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
Just to clarify the 3D thing, the HD6000 series do support 3D gaming but only on one or two monitors right now, it's not as widely supported.

infernocy

Silver Level Poster
I dont think i will use the 3d i just wanted to know if a 3d card is better than a card without 3d but since ati 6950 is better than 560ti i might as well go with it

Thanks guys

Last edited: